email

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hui__lim, Jan 18, 2003.

1. hui__lim macrumors regular

Guys,
    Is there anyway to separate the mail that comes in from Mail? I have 2 different accounts set up on mail at present (one my .mac account and the other a private e-mail account) and they all seem to appear in the "In" folder. However, I do notice that at the bottom of the folders, there is a folder representing the .mac e-mail folder and another one showing my private e-mail account. is there any way of making it appear in those instead of all my e-mail appearing under the in folder. Many thanks
    Hui Lim

2. Remus macrumors member

You can click on the box for the mail you want to look at, or click on the other mail box for all of that mail and therefore keep it seperate. I know of now other way in the In Box to do this. Hope this helps.....

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

As said the main inbox that you see on the side of your viewer should have two smaller inboxs under it. Simply clicking on one or the other will show you just the mail for that specific account.

I hope this clears things up a little. I just found the first response a little confussing even to someone who knows what was trying to be said.

4. hui__lim thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot guys for the help, I didnt notice that the in folder had 2 subfolders within it. Just one more quick question. Within Mac OSX, is there an ability to map a network drive, i.e. view files on a different server? I know that there is this ability within Windows XP but am not totally sure where this option is situated within OSX. Many Thanks again
    Hui Lim

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Are you talking about something on a local network or are you talking about like an FTP server?

There is a function in the main menu bar in the finder that says GO. Drop that menu down and near the bottom it says connect to server. I don't know if this is what you want but I thought I would mention it.

6. hui__lim thread starter macrumors regular

the network I'm talking about is situated in the university and I would like to access it from home. Not really sure what it is called but under windows it is called a network drive. It is basically something like the idisk in .mac
    I want to access a folder like that but situated in uni so i can transfer files around without the need for CDs and floppy discs.
    Additionally, I have set up a network in my house with a Window PC as the server. Is there anyway of accessing it using my Mac (i.e. entering the prompt: \\server\documents for example)?

thanks
    Huii

7. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

In both situations you simply need to know the IP address you wish to access. At least that's what I think you need to do.