embarrassing moments

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by scem0, Jun 30, 2003.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

What embarrassing stories do you have to tell?

I'll go first.

[​IMG] I was at a friends party and 3 people there were able to do backflips on the trampoline. So me and the other 2 people were seeng who could do the most flips in succession without falling off. Well, being the competitor I was I had to beat this dude who had done 6, and I was right at the end of the trampline. You must realize that there is no pause in between the flips so you don't exactly have a bunch of time to ponder whether another backflip is smart or not, so I decided I'd try and get one more in. I ended up flipping off the trampoline and landing on my back on the ground. I was thoroughly emmbarrassed, but then the dude who had 6 flips tried to do 7 and he did the same thing :p.
    [​IMG] Another trampoline story. I was jumping on my own trampoline. Naturally showing off :rolleyes:, and there was a TINY little rip in the middle of the trampoline. It had been there about a week so I didn't think much of it. But when I tore throught that tiny little hole when showing how I could do 3 spins before landing on by back, I was a little embarrased ;). The 'tear' is more than my body length, and the trampline is (obviously) un-usable. A shame - I taught myself every acrobatic thing I can do with the trampoline. :(
    [​IMG] This doesn't seem very embarrassing, but at the time it was sooooo embarrassing. When I was in first grade I had a really good friend named Sarah. We were mad at each other for something stupid which I have long forgotten, and so as I was walking from the front of the room to my desk Sarah yelled "Emerson eats his buggars" and everyone laughed. Things like that don't seem that embarrasing, but they really are..... even if they are true :eek: ;). BTW - I still hate Sarah. JK, if we went to the same school we would still be friends :).

That's all I can think of for now. I have more though.

scem0

2. evil macrumors 6502

last year i was walking down yonge st. in downtown toronto...and my fly was down. this wouldnt be soo bad except that i had no underwear on. i realized after about a block.
    true story.

3. Pete_Hoover macrumors regular

That had to be embarrassing.

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

hmm.
    the list is pretty long on my end :p

a few pantsings, a few voice cracks. the usual teenage crap :p

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I was trying to impress a magazine columnist with my brilliant and witty observations (as I no doubt do with all of you!). I was preparing an e-mail to him by cutting and pasting from a bunch of notes I had written previously, which I planned to edit down into something intelligent. Well, you guessed it - I hit SEND by mistake. I had that split second where my brain said "AARRRGGH - stop Stop STOP!" while my e-mail client connected to the server, but I couldn't actually hit STOP fast enough. I did my best to finish the real e-mail and I started it with Please Ignore Previous E-mail - I Hit Send Too Soon! but he probably read both, so I had plenty of egg on my face with that guy.

6. evil macrumors 6502

that is quite amusing. luckily ive never had that problem

7. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

It´s not really embarrassing (okay, maybe) but I call that story the "Terminator Fly".
    I was sitting with some friends in a restaurant, and usually, there are some few flys too... One was sitting then right in front of me on the table, and I wanted to see blood.
    Okay, I focused, and BAM my whole hand landed on the beast. I pulled it back to see the result, and that MONSTER flew away!!! You can´t imagine how pissed I was... :p

8. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I was in computer programming class in high school, and we had these chairs with rollers on them. One day I tried to roll backwards, and I pushed off a little too hard with my feet. The wheels got caught on the carpet or something, and the chair just fell straight back onto the floor, with me on it. It sucked :)

9. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

In my freshman precept in the winter term, I was sitting in my chair, leaning back against the wall of the classroom. All of a sudden, the chair legs lose their grip on the carpet, and the whole chair, with me on it slides back and lands on the floor with my legs in the air. It was pretty funny though, and my professor laughed.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I just glad to hear that scem0 was Ok after his accidents. I've new many news accounts of how dangerous a trampoline can end up being. He could have had a serious back or neck injury. It's out of concern for scem0.

As for something embarassing. I also had a chair fall apart that I was sitting on, everyone said it's an old chair and bound to happen. There comment didn't help the embarassing feeling though!

11. pEZ macrumors 6502

Now this is just funny -

I lost a game and had to stand at the back of a cruise ship and sing the opening lines of "My Heart Will Go On" in the loudest voice possible with my arms extended in standard "Titanic" fashion.

Never gonna forget that.

12. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

When I was in Jr. High we were on block scheduling. If you haven't heard of it, that's where you have eight periods, but serve them even and odd on alternating days, except I think Mondays in which you would have all of them.

Anyway, so you would only have gym class every other day. I didn't have a locker there because I had come in mid year, so usually I just wore my gym shorts under my pants because it was first period.

So, one day, I forgot that I had gym class that day, and I didn't have my shorts on, they were in my backpack.......I also happened to be commando that day.

I tried to find a discrete wat to change into them in a low visibility area with my shirt hanging below my butt, but someone saw me anyway. Let's just say I still had people giving me crap about that in my sophomore year in HS.

I've had plenty of embarrasing moments, but that's one that comes to mind...

13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

some of these stories are me others are close friends...i'm not afraid to admit which ones are me....
    -this one kid in my gym class was depantsed while doing pushups....the person grabeed too much and pulled the underwear ...the kid fell off the pullup bar when he reached for his shorts it wa quite funny
    -the same year, we were all messing around which each others shoes and someone decided to throw them up over the rafter...someone grabbed my shoe and it got stuck up there...it was quite hard to explain to the janitor
    -I flipped over my handle bars going off a home-maderamp..not fun
    -my dad messed with my old bike one day and didn't tighten the front wheel right...an hour later i was showing off and boom the front wheel was off .....i hit the ground hard...sadly the bike was stolen not soon after...wheel firmly attached...
    -during class a chair broke, the seat came off from the legs...it was a werid break and the teacher put the parts in the corner...a few minutes later the lesson ended and we set the chair back up...and called a kid over who hadn't really paid attention to the chari incident.. i pretended to ask him about a date or his homework and he sat down in the chari we setup...as hes sitting down the teacher starts yelling NOOOOO don't sit....the kid fell kinda hardbut we all had a good laugh...whenever i think of it i think of slow motion like a movie when theres a bullet at an important character

ahhh high school

14. brandon_deal macrumors newbie

the worst

i dont think i have ever heard one that bad, lol

15. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

On my wedding night, we had retired to the Bridal Suite;) at about 3 am, my new wife suggested we try the whirlpool bath, (it's legal, we were married).

I noticed I had that "new sock fluff" all over my feet, and thought I'd wash it off in the sink before getting in the bath, so I hoisted my foot into the basin, and went straight through the damn thing, porcelain and water all over the place, I fell on my arse and Sally nearly drowned laughing, so much for suave and sophisticated.

Pride hurt more than my foot I'm glad to say.

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hahaha. one too many brews i think. ;) classic story.

17. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Nah, what's even more embarrasing is that I was stone cold sober, been teetotal since I was 18:eek:

Sally reminds me of the incident at least once a month, and we've been married 8 years.

18. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

God. I might be the king of embarassment.

When i was 16, I had a VW Beetle (old style--1976). I was um, getting some pleasure from my then gf in her driveway (which was on a slope). She bumped the parking brake, which was loosey-goosey (old vw, what can i say!) and the brake went loose. Didn't notice until the car started rolling forward and smashed into her dad's mercede's, setting the alarm off. He bolted from the house and i jumped out of the car to check and make sure there wasn't much damage. Well, only my pride was damaged, as i didn't think to put little brain away... He wasn't too happy. I never saw her again. Haa.

Alot of these involve my old band. We drank probably a bit too much. One night, we were playing a show at this big showcase venue, and they gave us free lemon drops. A whole tray of Absolut Citron. Well, at the end, our guitarist and I decided to go rockstar and leap from the very wobbly drum riser. Well, the thing gave out, from the front, and sent the drumset, me and our guitarist tumbling forward. That was the end of that set. But it worked out ok, there was a girl from HS there who had a crush on me and she was so impressed with our band and ended up buying my bruised ego many beers!

One time, we played an outdoor show in the middle of summer. We played the night before, got home at 3 and ketp drinking until 6am. Took some naps and proceeded to the venue at 10 o'clock, completely trashed. We found out they gave us a free keg (a small one, maybe a half) and we proceeded to kill it, then play some volleyball. Outside. In the scorching heat. We went to relax before the show, and our muscles started to tighten up, prolly from drinking too much in 90+ degree weather. We stood like robots on stage and played. It was a bizarre show.

There was one time when I played hockey where I forgot to take off my skate guards. They usually used to send goalies on the ice first, and we would do a "sprint" like start, to get the crowd and the teammates into it. Well, i went to do my sprint and BLAM! Face plant on the ice. the thing is, my teammates had followed closely behind and ended up toppling over me. It was BAD. We ended up winning the game though, 2-1. I VIVIDLY remember that.

Hm. There was one CLASSIC time where I was at this café/bar with a few friends. I saw this CUTE girl wander to the bar area and decided to go get me a beer. I was standing about two seats away from her, SHAMELESSLY checking her out (the way she leaned over the bar was VERY sexy). I looked over at her and smiled, paid for my brew and walked out to the café area to chill with my peeps. Turns out her sister was with her, and underage, so she bought coffee and sat on the couches near my friends. So i ended up chatting her up (the cute one from the bar) and it turned out I worked at her dad's ad agency. Hehee. pittsburgh is a TOTALLY small town. Anyway, we got on well and exchanged numbers. A few days later, on sunday, I was in the South Hills of Pittsburgh for a quick meeting, and I was gassin' up my car when I hear "Don;t you even think of pursuing my daughter" booming like god from the heavens. It was my boss! I looked around but couldn't find him....He was parked at the gas stall right behind me. hilarious. He was joking of course, but she was in college far away and nothing came of it. He never did quit ribbing me about it though... until I quit and started my own biz! :)

19. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    hahah, nice ones moxie....
    wintermute ... absof***inlutely classic!

ok, coupe of one from when i were younger...

I was cycling home from a friend's house, had a disk box (this was back in my Commodore Amiga days) strapped to the rack on the back of the bicycle, and i felt it unbalancing the bike, so i looked round, saw it starting to slip off, and i tried to readjust it. next thing i know, i'm sailing over the top of this parked car which i had hit full on. must've been very cool to watch, and me being me, i was less worried about hurting myself than i was making sure i didn't lose any disks or anything.

another time, waiting for the school bus...it trundles along and pulls into the little bay, overshooting where it normally stops, so i trot backwards, then turn around so i'm going forwards not backwards, BAM! head first into a concrete lamp-post, ended up with a big ol' yellow and purple stripe down the middle of my face. i did get two days off school with concusion though :)

and about 3 years ago, here in NYC, me and some buddies went to Flashdancers, a "gentlemen's club" and i had rather too much to drink, ended up getting 3 lapdances in a row from this real hot dancer there. she told me how much it was and i was like "HOW MUCH!??", kind of embarrassing in itself, but then a few months later, a bunch of us went there again, and this girl i've got the hots for joins us, we've met once or twice before, and i'm sitting at a table next to her and another female friend, who nudges me and says "hey matt, ain't that your girl from last time over there???" to which i reply "hmm, nah i don't think so". I forget about it, start chatting to the girl i like when all of a sudden this dancer comes up behind me, starts nibbling on my ear and says "hey matt, how are ya?" talk about killing my game. but, in the end, we ended up together for two years (the girl i liked, not the stripper haha)

20. dreamlance macrumors regular

Hmm I don't think I have too many (Moxie, yours are great!). I remember having a Marilyn Monroe "wind under dress" moment when I was six-ish on the playground, right in front of this teacher I had just had some intelligent conversation with (as if a six year old can have very intelligent conversations). The other one was tripping in the cafeteria during junior high and sliding, food-filled tray and all, down the aisle, with spaghetti flying everywhere.

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you have some to spare? i could use one, or an addition as it were...

22. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i started messing around trying to drive my dad's 5-speed altima this week. family's gone, and a standard is more interesting to drive than an automatic... and harder, since i am relatively new and very out of practice. i do pretty well, if not really well, alone, but having people in the car really aggravates it for me. had a girl in the passenger seat last night, and i was jerking the damn car everywhere shifting. she kept asking what the hell i was doing. pretty bad....

23. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    ohhhhh s**t, nice typo there, lemme go back and edit that right now! :eek:

24. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Now I thought it sounded better with the dicks, I know the only major crack-up I had on a push-bike, involved landing on the crossbar:eek: :eek:

25. vniow macrumors G4

Hope you have some to spare!