EMERGENCY!!! - All of my e-mail is gone in Entourage! HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Freak, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Guys, I have a serious problem! I changed the batteries in my mouse, the computer didn't reconize. I held the button to shut the computer down down. Started it back up and after a month of using my email, IT'S ALL GONE! Entourage started up as if it was it's first time starting, asking if I wanted to make it my default email program.

What happeneded? Where did my emails go? How can I get them back? Without these emails I can no longer conduct my business and this, is a massive problem!

HELP HELP HELP!

2. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

I just thought of something. This is the first time I restarted since yesterday and yesterday I deleted a few text scripts by Office in my documents folder that looked like nothing. Could this have been it? Where does Entourage store the emails and information? Your documents folder?

If this is it, the bigger question is, how do I get it back? It's one emptied trash and one restart ago. Although, is this it?

I really don't see how it could be considering last night after I emptied the trash (before the restart) all of my emails were still there. Do you have to restart in order for it to take place? Bear in mind I clicked empty trash with this stuff inside and hours later I still had my email.

I've very confused and feel horrible right now. Without this email, I'm finished!

3. vkapoormd macrumors member

Okay, this is tough; sounds like a disaster. I had something similar happen to me, but not to the point where everything was gone, but rather, i couldn't see all the emails in entourage as some were blanked out by faint lines and furthermore, i couldn't click on any of the messages to view them. What i ended up doing after a long and thorough search is "rebuild the database". You can find out how to do this in the entourage help contents section. I went to mine and tried to cut and paste them here, but i wasn't able to copy them. Try doing an advanced rebuild versus a typical rebuild. This hopefully will solve your problem. Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck. Inbox or email me with questions.

4. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Thanks for your response although I think this is the problem and it's not the diaster I thought. http://forums.techguy.org/t340834.html

I've just got to call up Microsoft and see what folder I am suppose to put the database file back into. I already found the file, just need to put it back in it's place. Anyone know the folder I should put it back into?

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

My Entourage database is in Documents > Microsoft User Data > Office 2004 Identities > Main Identity

Good luck

6. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Yup! I just talked to Microsoft Tech Support and within 60 seconds we fixed it! HURRAY! That really gave me a scare.

7. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Good to hear. I have an automatic (Chronosync) daily backup scheduled which syncs my Documents folder to an external hard disk, which obviously includes the Entourage database. Highly recommended for avoiding scares

;)