emergency: Classic Broken

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by sturm375, Sep 25, 2002.

1. sturm375 macrumors 6502

My main system is 10.1.5 and classic is 9.2.2. I've been expirementing with 10.2, and loaded it on a seperate partition. (I have each OS on a different partition). I launched something in classic on 10.2. It gave me a message that it needed to add some files to the system 9 folder. I clicked OK. Classic ran fine. This morning, I launch 10.1.5, and try to launch something in classic, it starts to lauch, then quits. No error message. I try this several times, same result. I try re-building the desktop, nothing. I try launching with extensions turned off, nothing.

Next I boot directly into OS 9. Initially I have 9.2.1. It gives me an imeadiate message "error -110". And I find that I can't get into the chooser, same error message. I figure something is messed up with the chooser files. So I install the newest update (9.2.2). This fixes the problem in native OS 9, however I have the same problem in classic. It starts to launch, then nothing.

Please help, I'm not ready to go all the way to OS 10.2.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Try dragging the

Classic
    Classic Support
    Classic Suppor UI

files out of the OS 9 System Folder, they should reload the 10.1.5 versions for classic when you run Classic again.

3. sturm375 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

Thanks,

Worked great. I appreciate it.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Go to 10.2.1 there is nothing there to be disapointd about.

5. sturm375 thread starter macrumors 6502

True

I agree, there is a lot of cool stuff on 10.2.1, however I use this for work, and I need to make sure that things will work, before I make the big move. I say big, becuase all the names/emails in my address book are stuck there. I can't export them out of 10.1.5. And I can't access them in 10.2.1. Plus there is still more "adjustments" that I need to customize the OS with.

BTW: Still not worth $130

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: True

The email thing is easy. All you have to do is open your address book and drag and drop them to a folder to back them up as VCards. Then when you update to 10.2.1 open the address book and select all your VCards and drop them on the open address book. This is what I did it worked like a charm. Also I've been backing my addresses up in a folder since before 10.1 but since 10.1 it saves them as VCards which is really nice.