Emergency printing help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cleo, Sep 22, 2002.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

All of a sudden my printer won't print. I'm running 10.2 and am printing over an Airport network (but the problem is occuring on the Mac that the printer is plugged into, as well). When I try to print something, the Print Center pops up but never goes away. When I select my printer from the list, it says "Waiting for job to complete" with the little barbershop waiting thing. All of the choices for cancelling jobs are grayed out. It's an HP 920C. I printed on job with no problems this morning, then this started happening on the next. I've restarted all devices involved, checked the printer for physical problems... nada. Any ideas? I'm desperate!

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Go to Print Center, and go to the Printer menu. Is it set on Stop Jobs instead of Show Jobs?

Also, is the paper loaded correctly in the printer?

irmongoose

3. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

The only option that's available in the Printer menu is "Add Printer..."

Paper is loaded fine, as I've done a few of the printer self-tests with no problems.

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

hmmm

sorry dudette (!) I can't help ya.

No can do.

irmongoose

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

What application are you printing the information from? If it's Appleworks and you have transferred graphics directly from Photoshop/Illustrator/whatever you may need to save them as JPEG, PICT, or BMP files and import them back into the document. This happened to me before when I wanted to print out real cool notebook covers for all my honors/AP courses this year.

6. brogers macrumors regular

Try this.....

I had this same problem after installing 10.2. You will need to go to page Setup in your applications and actually choose the correct printer. Once you do that, it does not appear that you have to ever do it again. I could not print from Ecel, Word, AppleWorks or anything until I selected my printer from Page Setup. Try that if you have not already.

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

8. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

did you recently do a software update to the new security patch? i did, and my airport network went on the fritz. try resetting your base station a couple times. remove the printer and add it again. to eliminate variables, hard wire the comp to the network and print again. make sure print sharing is enabled on the host computer

if you have multiple comps, make sure they all have the security upgrade, reboot and try again. please reply if this is fixed, it would be nice to know what has happened.

9. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

unplug and plug in the printer. if that fails restart all computers involved.