Emptied trash: Can I get it back?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by furthur, Jun 7, 2003.

1. furthur macrumors member

I'm in hell. Accidentally dumped my wife's pictures into the trash and delted them. Vacation photos. Family photos. Everything.

Is there any way to undo the damage?

Thanks.

2. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

Yes... don't use the computer at all. You risk overwriting them. Get a program that can undelete... norton can do it, I donno what else. You have a shot.

3. furthur thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Anyone know the best place to call for help from Apple? Would that be worthwhile?

4. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i very, very seriously doubt apple will help you at all. if you go to an apple store, the genius might refer you to one of the utilities already mentioned here.

truthfully, if you're continuing to use the computer, they're probably at least partially gone by now-- you seriously need to turn it off until you can boot from the unerase CD you buy and recover them-- don't even be checking your email in between. if you're serious about this.

i wish you luck. recovering files is kind of a crapshoot, in the past i've had unexpected successes and dismal failures... eventually you get *very* good at making sure you're deleting the right files... the only good news here is that windows users are just as screwed as mac when this happens :(

pnw