Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ichkamo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
World Wide Web
I read that on android, some devellopers made apps capable of emulating windows and letting the user play old M-dos or windows games like Starcraft Broodwar. Is there anything similar on IOS? I know there are windows emulators but appart from giving access to Word, Exel, Iexplorer... You can't add your own apps.
Thanks. Any advise or comment would be appreciated. :apple:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
You'd have to jailbreak. Apple has a policy of not letting those types of apps in the store. For a good reason too, you let one in, you'd have to let the rest in. There's like 20 SNES emulators on Android, heh.

BerlingerT

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Amelia, Ohio
There are emulators that don't require a Jailbreak. They aren't wonderful emulators. They are riddled with sound sync glitches, but there are a few that work. Not DOS or Windows, though. I think they are, like SNES, GBA, stuff like that.

BerlingerT

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Amelia, Ohio
Yah. That's a real shame.

Fortunately, there is now a workaround to get them working again. As long as you set your iOS device's date to a day BEFORE July 16, 2013, it can be downloaded. Then, just make sure you're offline when you use it and you can still use it even after restoring the date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.