emulate panther on tiger?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yakyak, Apr 24, 2006.

1. yakyak macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I've got a little problem, and hope you guys have some suggestions. You see, I want to get myself one of those yummy new IntelMacs with Tiger on it :D
    But i need to work with a program which is not a universal app and not even running under 10.4!
    So: do you know if there's anything avaiable to emulate a PowerPC 10.3 Mac on an IntelMac with 10.4 (I know how dull this sounds... but I really need this app, because I build a huge database for my research with it). Ok, there is a Windows version existing, but this is NOT an option *gulp* ....help?

the yakyak

2. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

ummm, a ppc osx app is a ppc osx app. it will run under rosetta on an intel mac just like anything else, regardless of whether it's optimized for tiger or not...

3. DeathChill macrumors 68000

I'm sure there's a PearPC build for Intel Mac's, but it's going to be EXTREMELY slow. I'd say you get a crappy old Mac and use it for your specific program use and do everything else on your shiny new Intel Mac. :)

EDIT:
    Not true, there are some apps that do not run under Tiger that work fine on older OS X versions (e.g. Mac-On-Mac).

4. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I think Mac-On-Linux may be your only option.

5. yakyak thread starter macrumors newbie

Well thanks,

...for the quick reply! Seems like this is going to be as complicated as I thought....I'll fiddle around and tell you if something worked for me *grabbin baseballbat and heading to software companys developer section*