Emulators and Roms?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey all,
    My PS1 just died(dropped it) and my favorite game was inside, "Air Combat". I wanted to know where I can get a PS1 emulator and air combat rom for mac OS X. I tried flarestorm but whenever I double click it it just doesnt open. Can someone recomend and emulator and tell me exactly what to do to get it to work. Also I want to get roms for games I already own such as spyro the dragon, where can I download these? If this is ilegal just close this thread.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Strictly it is illegal, as you don't own the games, merely lease them (hence the license).

ROM's are owned outright by the copyright owner and non are outside the time limits as they didn't exist that long ago.

Some people claim that games that are out of production are no longer subject to copyright which is untrue, the copyright still exists.

MacRumors runs a strict no piracy policy so, while I sympathise with your problem, I'm going to have to shut this down.

Might be a good idea to simply buy a new PS1 off eBay...

There was also a PS1 emulator for the Mac, ran under System 9, played the discs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.