Enable screen capping at all time?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ClarkeB, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

OS X likes to restrict usage of screencapping when DVD player is open,s o i was wondering if there was anyway to disable this so I can have a movie open and be able to screen something else?

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

What What? Are you asking if you can over lay another program over the DVD movie, like a chat window or something. I think if you start the movie, use expose to get the chat window, you could possibly over lay the chat window over the movie. Is that what you are looking for.

3. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

I think he wants to take a screenshot of a DVD video playing on his mac.

4. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

I was thinking that, but he said at the end of his sentence that he wants to screen cap "something else", which confused me into thinking he wanted another program up on top of the movie.

5. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

I just think he didnt want to admit that he wanted a screen cap of a movie, maybe not. thats what I got out if it...

6. ClarkeB thread starter macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

Nah...If I want to cap a movie I open the VIDEO_TS in Mplayer...but sometimes I'll have a movie paused with DVD Player hidden and I'll try to cap like something in Safari or iTunes and it won't let me. Then I have to quit DVD Player and then take the cap then reopen DVD Player.

I just think there has to be something easier than this.