Encoded video plays choppy on Macbook.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by FleurDuMal, Jul 21, 2006.

1. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Hey everyone.

I've got a Macbook 2Ghz upgraded to 2GB ram. I've encoded a couple of my DVD's in Handbrake into 1250kbs AVC files and playing them on my 24" Dell monitor attached to my Macbook. However, when playing the movies, they appear a bit 'choppy' - certainly not smooth.

Now, I've encoded using de-interlace to see if that was the problem, but it made no difference. It isn't that the processor can't handle the 24" screen as when playing my files it barely breaks into a sweat. So in my mind there are only two other reasons: my hard drive being too slow (it's the stock 5400rpm one) or my upgraded RAM. Does anyon have any other ideas? Is there any way I can definitely make sure it is one of the above components?

Thanks!

EDIT: I should say that it doesn't play choppy when I play it on my actual Macbook screen at fullscreen, or on my 24" screen when not on full screen - so that leads me to believe its not the file itslef...

2. BAspecialCake macrumors member

BAspecialCake

The intergrated graphics is going to have a hard time displaying that high resolution. What exactly are you running it in?