End of West Wing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by timmyb, Jan 23, 2006.

1. timmyb macrumors 6502

Sad news today - the West Wing is being axed. Although the standard has dropped for the recent series, (eg the live debate episode), seasons 1-4 were perfection. Not sure how I will replace it, (apart from the DVDs of course.)

2. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I read this in the newspaper this morning. I agree the quality has dropped - and since my time is limited I stopped watching it - but in it's day it was a good show.

3. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Damn. :mad:

The thing that puzzles me when they say why, it's stuff like, "a decline in the ratings since moving to Sundays." So why not move it out of Sunday?

Okay, so maybe putting the West Wing up against Desperate Housewives wasn't a good idea, ya think? :rolleyes:

Sometimes it looks like networks look for excuses to kill shows, even award-winning ones. Don't get me started on NBC and Boomtown...

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, they had all but decided to kill the series before they moved it to Sundays. The ratings were plummeting before the move, and the Sunday change was just NBC putting it out to pasture to finish out its run...they knew what was going to happen.

I would have liked to have what they would have done with a Republican president. I like Alan Alda, and it would have been fun to see things from a different perspective. But the show is definitiely on the decline, so it's likely all for the best.