Ending Life Together

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by irain, Dec 9, 2005.

1. irain macrumors regular

irain

I just finished watching The Notebook with my girlfriend last night when I started thinking how nice it was that two people could love each other so much that they end their lives with eachother.

It's pretty romantic in my opinion.

Anyway, I've witnessed only one case liek this... When my grandparents died in 2003. I was extremely close with them and saw them every single day of my life. One night my grandmother had a heart attack and passed away. Two hours later my Grandfather also had a heart attack and passed away. It was terrible loosing both of them at the same time. It's still hard to this day not living with them. But I manage to get by... I sometimes look on the bright sides of things. They died peacefully in their sleep. And they were only sepereted from eachother for a a couple hours.

Although it may sound a bit ironic, the death of my Grandparents actually strengthened my faith in God in some aspects. It's hard to explain and would take well over an hour to convey my feelings on it.

Anyway, I was curious to hear if any of you know or have at least heard of a couple who died a few hours apart.

Thanks for reading!

p.s. God bless you Betty and Jerry.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

thats sad to hear but if it brought u closer to your faith then.......I heard alot about couples going at the same time. sometimes the pain of losing a loved one is too much.

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Old couples often do die together. The mind has a very powerful control over the body and if you no longer want to live, often you won't.

I have a theory that cancer won't kill you until you want to die. It will do its damnedest though to make you want to die.

4. Metatron macrumors 6502

Metatron

I have to agree. When my grandfather had a heart attack, my grandmother feel into deep depression. Soon after see developed cancer and quickly died. Seemed odd to me how soon after my grandfather passed that my she went too.

5. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I am sorry for you loss, its very nice to about true love it is something to be treasured.