Ending my WOW sub, any advice.

Discussion in 'Games' started by combatcolin, Dec 13, 2006.

1. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Thinking of stopping my sub to WOW, not enjoying the game as much as i used to and want a good long rest from it.

What happens to your charecters / armour / weapons / money / quests / everything after you end your sub?

How long can you leave for and then come back afterwoods? (YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE! :p )

many thanks.

CC

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

afaik nothing happens to 'em. just won't be able to play until you come back again, but to be 100% sure of this i'd shoot an email off to blizzard support.

3. fall3n macrumors 6502

nothing happens, blizzard keeps your account saved as is and you can resume at any point. Even 5 years later if you want. I left my shaman in an inn for a year when I quit and he's probably got like 20 levels of rested xp. haha. So, IF you do plan on coming back leave your char in an inn :)

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sadly i do believe there is a cap on rested XP, sucks doesn't it? :eek:
    lol

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

1 1/2 levels is the cap I believe. You also get rested XP if you aren't in an inn. You just get it faster if you are.

Your characters are never deleted if you end your subscription. Just keep them around, write down your login and password if you plan on being away for a few years unless you know you'll remember it.

Burning Crusade might nab you back next month... ;)

6. fall3n macrumors 6502

Ah, the cap would make sense. Darn. But I think it's higher then 1 1/2 levels as my friend just had 3 levels of it. Yes, BC will bring you back crawling on your knees begging for forgiveness. :p

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

How did he see past 1 level? Odds are that it last him for 3 levels as quest XP does not double, only mob killing XP does.

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

It may have seemed like it lasted 3 levels but the most likely reason for that is that he was turning in quests also which push the rested-xp bar forward. So he may have been in a rested state for 3 levels but only 1 1/2 of that was actually rest. Had he been fighting beasts, npc's, etc. it would have only lasted that 1 1/2 levels.

There is no way Bliz could allow you to have unlimited rested xp build up. One could then just create level one characters, take them to an inn, and not come back to them while they play their main characters. They would then have a bunch of alts that would be rested to level 60 and it would be too easy to level them.

9. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Isn't that... what I said? :D

10. amholl macrumors 6502

Dont eever go back to it. once you quit, you realize how much uve been missing in RL. Sell it to someone, use the money to throw a party for all ur friends, get wasted and get some chicks lol.

11. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Dangit, you beat me to it... I was gonna say "get hammered" too... :D

12. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

I quit playing six months back and it is quite liberating. I've resubscribed twice and each time just didn't find it all that satisfying and let it expire again.

It is amazing to me how my perspective on the game changed once I took a break from it.

13. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

WOW has caused some almighty rows between my girlfriend and I, while she didn't mind me playing on my own time she hated having to "compete" with the game, "I'll be down in 10 minutes" turns into 3 hours.

Plus i've barely touched any other games in months.

14. fall3n macrumors 6502

That's when you know you've got a problem. My GF comes first. I only play WOW when I'm at home alone with nothing better to do. If it affects your social life, then quit.

15. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Well haven't played in over a week, tried to phone up Bizzard Europe to cancel but was told that because of high call demands they were not placing any more calls in the que.

Try again tomorrow.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

can't you end your subscription through their website and account info?

might be easier than trying to do the work on the phone.

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Nothing happens. I've quit for 8 months at one point, went back and all my **** is still there.

Here's a blurb from my last cancelling (4 months ago):

18. shortyjj macrumors regular

Yeah, it wouldn't be in Blizz' best interest to delete your stuff - less motivation to come back.

19. smitty330 macrumors member

smitty330

agreed! I sold mine and i am glad I did.

20. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Same here! I found there were days I would wake up and get on my laptop and not eat breakfast until around 3 or 4pm.. sometimes as late as 6. I'm so glad I got out!

21. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Welcome to WoW Anonymous... This is where we share our problems... :rolleyes:

22. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

23. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

After coming back from my vacation in Aruba I no longer enjoy the game as much as I used to, I'll get bored after 30 minutes. I'll probably cancel also. On the flip side my brother convinced me to start playing City of Heroes/Villains. :D

24. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I got bored twice over the course of playing the game, came back when my friends got me back into it... was into a pretty hardcore end-game raiding guild for six odd months, but once that fell apart I lost all motivation to play. Sold my account for a tidy $350 and wouldn't go back if Blizzard paid ME to start over. :)

25. RustyM macrumors regular

RustyM