Enemy Image on SBS (Aussies)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by .Andy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Did anyone else watch Enemy image on SBS tonight? It has to be the most horrifying and sickening documentary I've seen in a long time.

For those who didn't if you can get a hold of it it is definitely worth a watch. It follows how war has been reported and presented from Vietnam to the present day. It highlights the changes from a free media to 'embedded' military journalists and how the pentagon controls what is seen by the general population. How these days the perception of war is more important as the war itself:

Only pictures of surgical precision strikes talked through by a military commander and no images of collateral damage.

Any dead military only reported by by numbers accompanied by a graphic of a fluttering American Flag.

No talk of dead civillians. Any reported dead civillians undermined by questioning authenticity or suggesting they were hurt in friendly fire.

Total fabrications for public opinion such as falling Saddam statues and Jessica Lynch.

Makes me glad to be an Australian that another side of the story can be shown on our televisions without it being attacked as unpatriotic. All in all an excellent non-sensationalist documentary that should be a must see even if you're an avid supporter of the war.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I missed it but I taped it so I'll watch it soon. I saw the commercials for it and it looked really interesting. I love SBS, they seem more objective than ABC.

3. .Andy thread starter macrumors 68030

.Andy

Yeah they do for things like this. It's pity they don't have the viewership that the ABC or other stations have. It'd be great if more people actually saw some objective stuff and actually began to be a little more critical about what they're presented.....

*cough* children overboard *cough*.