Energy Saver "start up"... doesn't!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Westside guy, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Hey all,

I have been wanting to use the Energy Saver preference pane to get my computer to wake up (if it's asleep) at a certain time on the weekend in order to record a radio show (using RadioRecorder). Should be straightforward - but whenever I go back to that preference pane, the time I'd previously entered is gone!

There shouldn't be anything to this! I put a check in the box "Start up my computer", select "Sunday", and select "8:20AM". Everything appears to take. But when I come back later, all that information is gone. The box is unchecked, etc.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Don't click the lock in the bottom left-hand corner. Leave it unlocked...

Who said Panther was perfect?

3. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

You know, I read this and said "oh come on." :D

But I tried it, and it seems to be working. What the... ?

Thank you!

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yeah, I know... it's just one of those things you think they could have fixed.

The more time you spend with Panther, the more you realise how many little rough edges remain.

5. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Well, I hadn't discovered that wake up feature at all. Thanks to both of you. The more time I spend with Panther, the more I realise how many elegant and useful features it has.

6. devman macrumors 65816

devman

wow, you're kidding! (ok, I know you're not kidding but this is amazing). So this only works if you leave the preference pane unlocked? What happens if you have that setting on that requires a password to unlock any preferences?

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Not sure. Try it out...

I spent a couple of hours trying to get some of the Macs at work to start up/shut down to a schedule.

Although I found the answer to this problem over at www.macintouch.com I had it confirmed over here.

Here's nicer. :)