Engadget iPhone 4 review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipoddin, Jun 22, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

2. macrumors 6502

I'm very happy and excited about the battery section of the review. Nice. Very nice.

3. macrumors regular

engadget is awesome muahhahaha

4. macrumors 6502a

malnar

Does that article just stop at the video for everyone else? Is that the whole article? I thought there was supposed to be some talk about battery life ("more on that in a moment")?

5. macrumors 6502a

Yayyyy for iPad friendly videos!

6. dmx
    macrumors 6502

I can't wait to read Gizmodo's review!

Err..

oh, wait.

7. macrumors 68020

Fernandez21

yeah, it stops at the video for me as well, something is up. it looks unitentionalf because there are no source or comments after the video.

edit: just tried on the engadget app on my iphone and it seems to have fully loaded the review.

8. macrumors 6502

Great review. Completely agreed about the notification system. It absolutely blows, and I'm surprised it hasn't changed (especially for notifications from apps like Meebo).

9. macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

What battery section? That was the section I was looking forward to most along with the camera section (which I'm pleased about).

I agree. My guess would be that the notification system will be next year's big change.

10. macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Here.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Nope, whole article loads fine for me.

12. macrumors 68040

my my.

I was luke warm about it. This review has warmed me up a bit though.

Now I'm glad they're suppose to deliver it a day early :)

13. macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Thanks for that.

What browser are you using? The video is the end of the article for me on IE.

Edit: Just fired it up in Firefox and it works fine for me. So everyone that is having a similar problem, try it in a different browser.

14. macrumors member

Just as expected: another suckfest by Engadget. They would probably praise Steve Jobs' turds if they were given some to review.

Engadget has become nothing but Apple fanboys, it's sad to see.

15. macrumors 68040

So I take it your not thrilled about this new phone?

Or is it just Engadget being unreliable?

16. macrumors newbie

Nice review... Although the video didn't blow me away :( I think my flip (raw, unedited, just like that) does better :(

17. macrumors member

Good review. it just made me that much more antsy to take delivery

18. macrumors 6502

While I agree most people on these forums would two-girls-one-cup Mr. Job's turds, I thought the review was legit. What do you not agree with? It covered both the positive and negative aspects. Hardware wise, there's not too much you can complain about with the new iPhone 4 but software wise, I think iOS 4 could definitely had a few additions/improvements that are long overdue (i.e. a notification system that doesn't cause the earth to stop rotating).

19. macrumors member

And what else does your Flip do? Oh, that's right.

20. macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

From the Engadget review:

"...and even a phone like the HTC Droid Incredible -- which just came out -- seems last-generation."

[​IMG]

Mark

21. macrumors regular

This has made me a little more excited as well... good stuff to read.

22. macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I don't see what's so funny about that. Seems kind of juvenile to me that someone would find that funny.

*shrug*

I guess having choices suck? Umm... yeah I don't get it. :confused:

23. macrumors regular

notblackmac

I was thinking you might have a link for the iPhone 4 prototype overview they did. That would have been funny.

24. macrumors regular

I have a pretty good FANBOY DETECTION ALERT SYSTEM and it goes off on this forum a lot, but Josh never gives me the impression that he's biased in any direction. The only issue I have with his review was the lackluster coverage of what most of us with iPhones agree on is the phones biggest issue - it sucks as a phone. Whereas the Boing Boing reviewer concentrated on that aspect and reported back that the dropped calls persist, Josh kinda gave it short shrift. Otherwise I thought his review was stellar. He ripped Apple for having the absolute worst notification system, and he pointed out that Apple did as little as possible to bring folders to us, which for a company that likes to claim they'll only do something when they can do it the best seems kinda cheap and lazy.

The battery life made me very very happy.

25. macrumors 603

Videos don't work on my iPad, epic fail for the brownosers at engadget, jobs better not move his butt or there are goin to be a lot of broken noses.