Engineers: Alternative to CME Truss or MD Solids?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ddrueckhammer, Nov 6, 2006.

1. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

Aug 8, 2004
    America's Wang

I am trying to find out if there is a Mac alternative to West Points's Free CME Truss or the shareware MD Solids on the Mac. These programs are for calculating loads, stresses, and defomations etc. in 2D and 3D Rigid Body Systems such as Trusses, Frames, Machines etc. I looked on Apple's Made4Mac Software site and found Dr. Frame3D but I don't wanna pay $99 educational for a software without a demo that I know nothing about (especially since it still isn't universal). I coun't find anthing on Macupdate or Versiontracker :( I know I can run these programs in Windows via Bootcamp or Parallels but I always like to see if I can find a Mac alternative if possible first.
  2. acosta macrumors newbie

Feb 16, 2012
    Any alternatives?

Did you ever find an alternative to MD Solids for the Mac? I've been looking for one and considering you posted this question years ago I'm surprised that it's still difficult to find a program.
  3. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    Why are you surprised? Specialized software used in engineering fields tends to be single-platform (Windows) with no alternatives.