England / Croatia

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dogbone, Oct 11, 2006.

1. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

I've got a bad feeling about this, perhaps an unconvincing 1-0 to England or worse.

I was not impressed with Terry's comments here I mean if he's going to give the team the hair dryer treatment he shouldn't be warning them first. Much less should he be telling the world via the bbc and then teasingly say "of course I'm not going to tell the world via the bbc what I'm going to say. But, having said that let me tell the world via the bbc that it will be something along the lines of...etc."

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

The one and only problem that the England team have is the press. If they just pissed off to the pub whenever a tournament was on so the team could actually concentrate on football then we would of won something by now. :mad:

3. Queso macrumors G4

I have a horrible feeling of deja vu about the upcoming McClaren years. Orange and turnips come to mind :eek:

4. dogbone thread starter macrumors 68020

dogbone

If it wasn't for the press, England could have had Scoliari instead of a poor man's Sven.

I think it will be deja vu all over again.

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

so what fruit or veg do you think he looks like ?

6. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Cabbage

7. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

yep i think so too :D

8. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I agree there are worrying times ahead; McClaren being Sven's right hand man for so long doesn't leave much room for optimism. Saturdays performance was very Sven-like.

I'd like to see Peter Taylor doing the job; he'd have the player's respect.

9. Queso macrumors G4

A radish maybe?

10. B&Wtoon macrumors regular

B&Wtoon

Ex Smoggies manager looks like...

Mike Baldwin.

I reckon Lampard will be be the man tonight as he does not suit playing with Gerrard (or Ballack for Chelsea) who is suspended.

11. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I think that when Dean Ashton is fit, he will be a good player for England.

Tonight, my money is on a close game with Rooney ending his goal drought for England and PC getting another 1.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Ah, Peter Taylor... :D

Tonight is going to be a tricky game, that's for sure. If we play as well as we can do there's no reason why we can't get something out of the game. I'm afraid though that we won't play anywhere near as well as we can do and might risk being taught a bit of a lesson.

13. B&Wtoon macrumors regular

B&Wtoon

it will be like watching paint dry no doubt, as it has been for years watching England.
    But its an affliction you cant ignore... C'MONNN england

14. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Best watched with a Beer in hand so you can shake your head slowly whilst sipping from that can.

But i hope we do win :cool:

15. Ezekiel macrumors newbie

I think England will go out there with a fairly week looking team tonight and beat croatia convincingly, I've seen it a million times. English teams that are expected to have a hard game win, English teams that are expected to win, lose.

I'm hoping for another Crouchtrick.

16. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I feel really sorry for poor robinson. If you watch the replay, you can see that it hits a divot about a foot from his foot.

17. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well...

Gary Neville too. The record books will show that the Manchester United pin up scored an own goal, but you can't really blame him when the ball hit a divot like that.

19. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Yeah, he is unlucky too. McClaren is gonna get some stick in the press tomorrow.

20. ~L~ macrumors member

21. nw43 macrumors regular

Well, if he'd have read his old coaching manuals, he'd have known that back passes should always be played to the side of the goal, never on target.....:rolleyes:

22. iGav macrumors G3

23. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

I'm still stunned we chose him. :eek:

24. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Why – surely the best games to experiment with different formations are those tricky away fixtures against the teams likely to be fighting it out with you at the top of the table, come the end of qualifying? ;)

Try that sort of thing against the likes of Andorra or in a friendly – I really don't think a match like tonight's is the place to wheel out a totally new system. The players didn't look comfortable with the setup at all.

25. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I don't know... every defender in the world knows (or at least should know) that you should never make a pass back to the keeper directed on goal. You should always aim to the side of the goal to make sure that if a freak accident happens (like this one or maybe the goalie slips or whatever) the ball just rolls out to a corner.

I think Neville "deserves" this one...