Enki Gear Genius Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jedolley, Apr 14, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

For anyone that is interested, the Genius case is now available for pre-order through their site. It's $29.99, free shipping available, and comes in Clear, Smoke, Pink, and Blue. They were mentioning a bonus for pre-order and it now says that if you order before May 1st (while supplies last) they are including a free neoprene sleeve.

http://www.enkigear.com/

2. macrumors regular

Looks like an interesting case. Doesnt cover any of the bezel, its thin, it covers the black. However, they barely show any pictures and the available colors dont match up with what the picture displays. Current picture displays green case with a gray felt backing. Where does the Clear, Smoke, Pink, Blue come into effect?

I also want to see how much of the covers are covered up. Although I dont want a case that covers the bezel, I do want a case that has all of the sides covered up except for cutouts for buttons.

Looks like a case to keep an eye on :)

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

The green case is the Apple smart cover. Their case is only the clear shell. I don't believe there are any pics of the blue and pink, but on their facebook page they do have a pic of the smoke case.

4. macrumors 6502a

It's a hard polycarbonate back shell. not bad for the price with a screen cover and maybe a neoprene sleeve. If the 'limited free' sleeve looks like the grey tweed material one on their FB page, I like it.
    but not sure I want a slippery plastic back case.

5. macrumors regular

Ordered a smoke one :D

Ive been waiting for this case.

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

Just got their newsletter about the pre-order and it had a picture of the free sleeve. Nothing special looking, but free is free. :D

Attached Files:

7. macrumors member

8. macrumors regular

gameboy213

I ordered.

I'm from Detroit and they make them in Michigan so I figured they could use the support.

Looks nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. macrumors 6502

I kept my eye out for this one. I ordered the clear one and hoping for a good deal with a free neoprene case that comes with a screen protector. :D

10. macrumors 6502

If you view their Facebook, they had a pic of the smoke one. I just don't wanna lose the real look of the back so i got clear one.

11. macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

12. macrumors 6502a

13. macrumors member

You're right, it is exactly like the smart cover compatible hard and TPU cases available on ebay. The only difference is the ones on ebay cost around $10 to $15.

14. macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

For the money, it's superb.

But I will probably get a Feather for the extra thinness.

15. macrumors newbie

16. macrumors regular

J Griz 757

17. macrumors regular

I was disappointed they do not show any photos too.... Especially given they are hoping to have pre-order them. I guess I will need to wait until someone gets on and posts pictures..

Like the website and I like that they are made in the USA.

18. macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the grubby finger prints, I was in a hurry...

19. macrumors regular

Is this case really hard case? Can it be bended?

20. macrumors 68040

I've got an Incipio Feather cover. The only problem with that is that the Smart Cover magnets don't work so well. I'm just wondering if the Enki one is better in this respect.

21. theautopilot, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

It's hard (not TPU, at least I don't think so). But it does have a bit of flex, not that you would notice once it's on.

From everything I have read, the Enki specs (2mm thick) and all the pictures I have seen, although I can't say for certain, it would not surprise me at all if this case and the Enki came from the same factory in China even if Enki's site say made in America ;). I might be wrong (maybe mine was US made too?) but I certainly can't see much reason to pay extra for the Enki.

Maybe I should design a cool webpage on Squarespace and resell these OEM's as 'Clever Covers' :)

22. thread starter macrumors 68000

This may be similar, but I doubt it is or will be the same. I thought about getting this same eBay case, but as you can see from the pics on eBay the top of the iPad is exposed. I even asked the seller about it and he confirmed. It's also the same reason I cancelled my Joy Factory order, on that one both the top and bottom were exposed.

It's too early to tell how the Enki will turn out since there aren't alot of pics for it yet.

23. macrumors regular

For half the price, I'll gladly live with the little cutout in the top of the case.

24. thread starter macrumors 68000

Enki updated their facebook page with a full back shot of the Genius Case. The pic displays FULL COVERAGE (minus cut-out for smart cover), meaning top and bottom! That is very promising and as long as there aren't any negative surprises, this could easily become the best Smart Cover compatible shell.

EDIT: The logo was added to the picture. Enki has stated in the comments that the actual logo will be smaller and a frost etched.

Attached Files:

25. macrumors 68000

3goldens

Just as I suspected a big fat

LOGO!!!!!!!!!

FAIL!

WAIT FOR SMART FEATHER!

Not taking chance with some new company no matter where the hell its made!