Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Find that hard to believe as I sent emails over the course of a three week period and heard back from no one.

They are FOS!

Yeah, that's why I chose not to go with them. They never returned my 2 emails regarding the case. I just picked up a Belkin Snap Case from Best Buy, and I love it. Full coverage, and very lightweight, no added bulk.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
If Enki doesn't deliver, I simply dispute with Amex and move on. In which case, I would still not get a Belkin (take that Belkin trolls!). I would look at Aviq, Marware, and others. [In addition, I have other cases in hand or on order. Different cases for different uses.]

It seems odd to me that in the Enki thread, we've had a couple of posters consistently doing all they can to downplay Enki and tout Belkin.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
If Enki doesn't deliver, I simply dispute with Amex and move on. In which case, I would still not get a Belkin (take that Belkin trolls!). I would look at Aviq, Marware, and others. [In addition, I have other cases in hand or on order. Different cases for different uses.]

It seems odd to me that in the Enki thread, we've had a couple of posters consistently doing all they can to downplay Enki and tout Belkin.

3goldens just doesn't like the "little guy" companies. It's pretty obvious from his posts (not just this thread) he likes the established brand names. There's nothing wrong with that, but we don't need to keep hearing about it.

Enki could be better with communication and updates, but they don't have the manpower that Belkin or other larger companies have. Everyone knew this going in... This doesn't mean the company is a fraud or the product does not exist, and we are all going to get ripped off. All this means is that they have a popular product and not enough manpower, and maybe experience to handle communication in a way we would all like.

I recommend we hold any final judgement of the Enki case until it is shipped, received, and reviewed. They claim to be shipping today... Two days after their original stated date. I don't know about you, but two days is hardly anything to cry about especially from a small company. If they do indeed ship today or this week even, IMO they will have handled their launch 1000% better(communication and expectation wise) than Marware.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I just mentioned my experience with Enki, since it's an Enki thread, and noted what my alternative was. Enki may end up being a great product. However, again, as far as customer service goes, when a company who is new, doesn't have a presence in stores where I can see their quality, etc before buying, and then doesn't have a good contact method for customers.....that would make me a little concerned. And again, I mentioned that I sent them 2 different emails, and they have chosen not to reply to either one of them......its been like 3 weeks lol. That throws up a red flag for me.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I just mentioned my experience with Enki, since it's an Enki thread, and noted what my alternative was. Enki may end up being a great product. However, again, as far as customer service goes, when a company who is new, doesn't have a presence in stores where I can see their quality, etc before buying, and then doesn't have a good contact method for customers.....that would make me a little concerned. And again, I mentioned that I sent them 2 different emails, and they have chosen not to reply to either one of them......its been like 3 weeks lol. That throws up a red flag for me.

I agree that communication from Enki has not been good. It seems they have gone the route of assuming everyone that has ordered or is interested in their product is checking their facebook page :confused:. I think they have handled it better than some (Marware), but still have a lot to learn.

IMO the Belkin is a good case, but it also came out of no where. By not or possible never, lol, posting it on their site there was no level of expectation. It just magically showed up one day and the news sort of got out via the web (mainly these forums). It also helped that it is a solid case and probably they best smart cover option.

Belkin can afford to do this because they are a well established brand. Enki had to advertise and set a level of expectation just to get their product noticed. Since they are a relatively new company, how they handle these expectations will be closely scrutinized. Hopefully for their sake, and their customers, they don't run into anymore issues.

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
I agree that communication from Enki has not been good. It seems they have gone the route of assuming everyone that has ordered or is interested in their product is checking their facebook page :confused:. I think they have handled it better than some (Marware), but still have a lot to learn.

IMO the Belkin is a good case, but it also came out of no where. By not or possible never, lol, posting it on their site there was no level of expectation. It just magically showed up one day and the news sort of got out via the web (mainly these forums). It also helped that it is a solid case and probably they best smart cover option.

Belkin can afford to do this because they are a well established brand. Enki had to advertise and set a level of expectation just to get their product noticed. Since they are a relatively new company, how they handle these expectations will be closely scrutinized. Hopefully for their sake, and their customers, they don't run into anymore issues.

I have not seen the enki obviously, but some pictures show full coverage and others show the top not fully covered. I have the belkin being shipped to me that is full coverage. The issues I had with the belkin I bought was that it was not full coverage. It seems there are two belkin cases with the same sku and title being sold by best buy. See the belkin post for pictures (there actually may be 3 different ones if you look at the picture on best buys website). I do like the feel of the belkin tho, almost soft, non-slippery feel, not really scratch-able, where the enki looks like a clear plastic that can show scratches. Belkin is def. overpriced by best buy, but if it is the best one then people will pay it - we'll see if the price drops.

There seems to be a lot of alternatives out there, but the only confirmed one with full coverage is the belkin (and some are shipped with not full coverage). Others seem to leave way too much space on the back where the hinge goes or do not cover the top or bottom.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
I was charged for my Enki case today (I pre-ordered April 15th), I assume that means it has shipped.

I haven't recieved any emails confirming it yet thought.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
I thought I hadn't yet been charged but noticed that the charge was in what Amex calls the "pending" category, so it wasn't listed under "recent activity" where I initially looked. I was charged 29.99 on Tuesday. I pre-ordered the evening of April 14. No shipping notice as yet.

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
1st they said they'll start shipping on 5/2, then it changed to 5/4 now they are saying 5/9 (via their facebook page).

f1restarter

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2005
London
I sent them an email requesting to cancel my order last week and still haven't gotten any reply from these people. I guess I have to call Amex . Shame this company is acting so shady.

gatorbob

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
I sent them an email requesting to cancel my order last week and still haven't gotten any reply from these people. I guess I have to call Amex . Shame this company is acting so shady.

I used the "request cancelation" from google checkout order page, and it was done within an hour. Had sent email day before and never heard back.

f1restarter

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2005
London
You cancelled your order how long after you had originally placed it, cause Google checkout gave me 15 minute window to cancel the order after I placed it.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
You cancelled your order how long after you had originally placed it, cause Google checkout gave me 15 minute window to cancel the order after I placed it.

I placed my order on the 14th. I wanted to give Enki a chance, but the continued lack of communication combined with the growing number of other options made the decision to cancel easy.

I put my cancellation request in at 3PM CT and a little after 5PM CT they cancelled my order. Why they couldn't respond half as fast as that for a simple question is beyond me.

To cancel, if you are on the "Receipt" page, there should be a link that says, "Contact Enki Holdings International, LLC."

Once you click on the link it will take you to the page to send them a message and there will be a drop down for the "Subject" field. From the drop down select, "I'd like to cancel my order." and type your message/reason in the body then click "Send Email".

You'll receive an email from Google Checkout that you sent the request to cancel, and then you should receive another one confirming the cancel once Enki has processed it.

cnixon

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
I think I'm going to give them until next week to ship mine before I cancel. I had such high hopes, and now this is turning into another Portenzo thread......

f1restarter

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2005
London
Enki Customer Service!

Finally got my cancel order confirmation on the second try. I can understand small businesses can't reply to every customer immediately but no reply is unacceptable.

pradeepgj

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
I really wanted to support these guyz making products in US. But this kinda delay is unacceptable.

May be thei are not manufacturing in US. :D They could be waiting for a delayed shipping from china.

MathRulz

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Atlanta
I really wanted to support these guyz making products in US. But this kinda delay is unacceptable.

May be thei are not manufacturing in US. :D They could be waiting for a delayed shipping from china.

And what kinda delay is that? Pre-orders started April 14 with shipping to begin May 2. It is now May 6. That's a 4 day delay. Not like Portenzo, Treegloo, and others noted in these forums.

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
Yeah, I'm not seeing cause to panic here. Small company, working out the bugs, and they gave an overly optimistic timeline. Stuff happens. I got time. I'll wait.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I'm not seeing cause to panic here. Small company, working out the bugs, and they gave an overly optimistic timeline. Stuff happens. I got time. I'll wait.

That's one way of looking at it. But here are the facts, small company, ignored the emails of many of their customers, and haven't done much in the way of good customer service.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
That's one way of looking at it. But here are the facts, small company, ignored the emails of many of their customers, and haven't done much in the way of good customer service.

Agreed.

Also, keep in mind that their updates have only come via their Facebook page. It's bad enough that the updates have been few and far between, but they are assuming that all or most of their customers know to look at their facebook page for what little info there is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.