Enough Bitchin, Few thoughts

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by cornelius, Jan 23, 2002.

1. cornelius macrumors regular

From what I've read there are some focked up rumors going around.
    1-Sony,Toshiba, IBM, and Apple?
    Might sound that we are trippin hard on acid, but it sounds like a good idea. Apple picks the hardware,does the software, ibm does the famous g5, toshiba does the lcd panels,or supplies parts, and sony puts the $$$ in, does the gadgets for the digital hub and helps apple with the marketing.
    2-Apple comercial at the superbowl?
    Nice idea,it happened once,it could happen again. But this time they should demonstrate the ease of use that mac has, here comes my list of suggestions: first they could show president bush using the new iMac enough said here, or a few playmates doing some home movies with imovie and burning them to a dvd using idvd, or a focked up stonner about to pass out ripping his mp3's to an ipod.
    3-Towers updates?
    It's around in the air. Enough **** said already. Cuz these rumors are freakin me out.
    4-iMac availability?
    Soon, i hope so, but i remembered that the BioGeeks from biotech (ps dont get offended) bought a 1000? of them,or somethin like that.
    5-Missing software from the digital hub?
    Probably ibong? scans your weed and tells u if it is chronic or brickweed?or verifys your xtasy pills?
    Nah, it ill be somethin related to webcam and messengin,or recording software like fcp.
    What do u think?

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Sony, Toshiba, IBM

Hey, hey.... I was the one who posted the one with Sony, Toshiba, and IBM getting together... Apple has no part in it. I'm sure. It's on the newspaper here in Japan... it came a few weeks ago.

They're making a new OS for use on a TV, from where you would be able to access all the house appliances... it'll be done within 5 years.

THIS IS A FACT. Check out the newspaper... http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/index-e.htm
    And look for the article.... its there...

K. I'm out.

irmongoose

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

4. networkman macrumors regular

i believe samsung makes some apple lcds as i read in a 1999 era article so that could be old news

ibm makes hard drives for many makers

toshiba and fujitsu make a lot of optical drives for others like my compaq laptop (i read it somewhere in the fine print)

actally, ibm hard drives are made by an ibm contractor who is somehow a "part" of ibm whatever that means...hey, kind of sounds like enron

was w a part of enron, too?

phil gramm's wife was a board member though