Enough! I have ordered my Mini...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jope76, Jun 27, 2005.

1. jope76 macrumors member

I've been wanting to try a mac for some time now and have been thinking about both the Mini and the iBook. Since I don't really need the portability the Mini seems like a more economic option.
    Now I've been waiting for updates for some time, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week... Enough with the damn waiting! I just ordered the 1.42GHz Mini with 512Mb. Was thinking about adding BT and Airport, but since I have a good wired lan in the apartment it wasn't really needed, and it might be good to hold back on the cost in case i don't like it and sell it... ;)

Edit: I ordered it with mac os x "int'l English", since I usually prefer english in software. But I've heard you can select language in mac os x, is that right? If so, whats the difference between the int'l english one and the local one that was the other option?

2. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Well, it's great to have you as part of the Mac community.

Keep us posted with how you like the mini, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out.

Enjoy! :)

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

YA, the 1.42 still will be a good mac( so would the 1.25) but if the mini does get an update it will be a 1.42 and a 1.67.

4. jope76 thread starter macrumors member

If the update is within two days I might be able to cancel and order again... But I have a feeling that won't happen... ;)

5. Danger! Will macrumors regular

Danger! Will

I have the mac mini 1.42 with 512mb and it's just perfect. Keep in mind if you really need the bt/airport extreme you can always just have the store add it later. The mac mini is an exceptional machine.

6. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Congrats on the purchase of your first Mac and I applaud you as a new Switcher! :D

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

OS X supports all languages, but your copy of Classic will only be in English. As a new user, you'll probably never touch Classic anyway. The language selection may also influence the printed documentation and keyboard layout.