Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toreddo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Hello everyone,

This morning i registered for the iOS developer program since my app is near completion and i definitely need to test it on the device. So I enrolled with my company and found out that they need to review my registration. I wondered how long this process usually takes and did some googling and really found nothing else than horror stories! Hopefully they made their process a little better since those stories I read are over a year old.

Does someone have recent experience with this? And what documents can I prepare to send them over when they ask for it? I am from the Netherlands if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

forum user

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
So I enrolled with my company and found out that they need to review my registration.

You have a company set up and Apple need to review your application to the developer program?

The apple review for membership as a private developer is something like minutes: you fill in your data, enter your credit card details and soon after you receive a confirmation.
The tax info (W8ben form or what ever it is called ) is fast, too. I could do the tax form after enrollment, same as entering banking details.
I don't expect an enrollment as a company take much more. Just ensure you enter your details correctly, changing data after submission is apparently pain in the neck.

The apple review for an application submitted tends to take a few days, time varies. 148Appz has a page about the actual times.

- Olaf

Toreddo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Hey Olaf,

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry for the confusion. I just enrolled with my company for a developer membership, I didn't have to fill in any bank or tax details yet. They are going to check if I as an individual have the rights to enroll this company for a membership. So it is pretty much the beginning of this process.

Chris

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
If you try to enroll a company, Apple may ask for incorporation papers or other legal documents, or may even contact a legal representative of the company, to see if you have full legal authorization to register them and to click "I agree" on the many legal contracts.

To speed the process, I recommend using a company email address (domain registered to the company you are registering) to register, and a company credit card to pay. At one company I consulted with for this process, we even created special ADC email accounts for a company executive and chief legal consul to use to register for the Company iOS developer program.

For just device testing, we had some company R&D managers register their own separate individual developer accounts. The consultants did likewise.

Last edited:

Toreddo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Thanks for your reply firewood, fortunately I did everything you said to speed up this process.

Thanks

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
I have a question, Apple is currently reviewing my company, when it gets authorized what happens? Will I be able to add other people to my developer account? If I have a mate which works on the software development but I don't want him to use my account (which is the one registered to apple) what can I do? Can I be able to set up like privileges or something like that?

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
I have a question, Apple is currently reviewing my company, when it gets authorized what happens? Will I be able to add other people to my developer account? If I have a mate which works on the software development but I don't want him to use my account (which is the one registered to apple) what can I do? Can I be able to set up like privileges or something like that?

It can take up to 2 months (is what it did here, entreprise account).
After u got your account, u can add "developer's" to your account.
And u can add admins etc.
For example, u invite a person via his mail adress, u can set him as developer, so he only has acces to deploying projects to his device after u added his device.
Or u can say, that they can add their own devices etc.
So yea, read up in the documentation.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I have a question, Apple is currently reviewing my company, when it gets authorized what happens? Will I be able to add other people to my developer account?

If you have a company account or enterprise account, the team leader can add other developer accounts, but only the team leader has full access to portal features (such as submitting apps, banking, etc.)

An individual iOS developer account cannot add other developer accounts. It's for one person only.

Any delay in approving your application might be due to Apple checking your corporate registration or paperwork. Make sure that all that legal stuff is completely in order.

anaplexa

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
Company Dev Program

Hi Everybody,

My first post here :)

Regarding the iOS dev program. I'm from Belgium (dutch speaking area) and after weeks dealing with the documentation that Apple requested... now it comes out that I have to send a certified translation of the documentation?

They first told me that I have to send the document... I did it... and afterwards they tell me that I have to send it translated ???? A month has passed and I'm still stuck with this procedure.

Is this normal? I meant, the certified translation will cost me more than the fees for the Dev Program. :mad:

Did anyone experience the same thing?

Thanks in advance!!

ahan.tm

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
Florida
Hi,

When I converted my personal account to a company account, it took a few days. However, I had my articles of incorporation(they required a certificate of good standing since I faxed it) ready. After faxing it, I contacted them and the lady on the phone reviewed them on the spot.

Good Luck!!

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Hi Everybody,

My first post here :)

Regarding the iOS dev program. I'm from Belgium (dutch speaking area) and after weeks dealing with the documentation that Apple requested... now it comes out that I have to send a certified translation of the documentation?

They first told me that I have to send the document... I did it... and afterwards they tell me that I have to send it translated ???? A month has passed and I'm still stuck with this procedure.

Is this normal? I meant, the certified translation will cost me more than the fees for the Dev Program. :mad:

Did anyone experience the same thing?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm from Antwerp, and I had the same issue with the company of my mom's boss.
They requested a translated version, which is ridicilous, I sended an angry email, and in the end, you can end up just calling them, and sending the dutch version, which ends up fine. but it will take a looong time..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.