Enrolling in iPhone Developer Program????

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by txmike, Aug 25, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 14, 2008

I signed up a couple of weeks ago, got the SDK (no biggie, I've done OSX and NeXT development in the past).

Now I have a little app I'd like to test on a live iPhone but I haven't heard from Apple to spend my $99 so I can deploy on my phone and hopefully soon push it out on iTunes.

Does anyone have any idea how long this "registration/authorization" process takes?

2. macrumors 6502

Apr 24, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    The latest vague estimates is a few weeks. Unfortunately, many people don't post the time it took them, so while its not as bad as in the beginning, I think its still over a week or two.

On a completely unrelated note, I do have a few apps that need work....
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2008
    Did you register as a company? It seems that if you register as an individual you will have access and certificates within hours - I had no problem.

If you did register as a company you can register again as an individual and get immediate acceptance.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 14, 2008
    Re: Enrolling in iPhone Developer Program????

I re-registered from scratch (new user name/email addy) as an individual and it went right through...

I had tried to use an account I've had for many years on the Mac dev center.

Thanks all..