Enron Traders Caught On Tape

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 1, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

It's amazing that the US puts a million men in jail but can't seem to get it's hands on the real criminals.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah come on, that sounds like fraternity hijinks. Or it's just the work of a few low ranking salepeople, it's not indicative of the culture or the organization at large. :eek: :D :p

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

As discussed periodically in other threads recently, I cannot help but wonder if this at all reflects upon the current issue of rising oil prices in the US...although by no means definitive or proven, there are definite energy interests tied into current members of the administration, and the stated reasons for disruption in the supply chain (terrorism to infrastructure/refineries) while most likely valid, may perhaps be have ulterior motives or interests behind them(a la deliberate closings). Even if these events are truly what they seem to be, there can be no question that oil/energy concerns are acheiving huge profits, once again at the expense of the average consumer/taxpayer...but perhaps that is just my cynicism talking (it is quite vocal these days).

As far as these tapes go, I believe that it is added hard evidence that should prove definitive in prosecution. I say should because with enough money and power, the US Justice system can obviously be compromised...to what extent, relevant to Enron remains to be seen. I will try to remain optimistic...

BTW, liked the post mactastic...

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The tapes may be new evidence, but we've known about the gaming for a long time now. I'm not sure what new this adds, unless it can connect the fraud to Ken Lay. Now, if they only had pictures... then it would be really bad.

Anyhow, all of this makes me nostalgic for the days when California's "energy crisis" could be chalked up to whacko California environmentalists preventing the state from building any new power plants. Several claimed as much right here. Where did they go, I wonder?

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Some of them are working in the Governor's office. Now will we ever find out about Arnie's meetings with Enron?