Enter The Matrix

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mr. Anderson, May 20, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Anyone know if this game is going to be available for Macs?

D

2. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    I would like to see this game for mac but I would also like to play it to see why the heck the game is 4 CD's and requires 4 Gb of hard drive space!!! I mean come on!!! BUT it's made by Shiney so it HAS to be good!!!

3. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

its a good game, a lot like max payne... im currently playing it on gamecube and couldnt imagine trying to play it on a compter... i do on the other hand have to go out and get UT2K3 which i noticed is new at the apple store...

4. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I'm currently playing it on the Xbox and it's a really great game. It's a must if your a big matrix fan. As for it being 4 CD long (for the PC), I can tell you I've been playing for a good 5 hours and still haven't gotten very far in the game. It follows along side the the storyline in Matrix: Reloaded, which is amazing in itself.

I dunno if it's coming to the mac. My guess is it might, but it might take a year. And that is if it ever comes at all.

5. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Looks pretty nice, I've seen some good and bad reviews, it doesn't seem like anything revolutionary, you'd think that with a 20 million dollar budget they could have come up with something a little more spectacular (and a mac version)

7. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

well....

I'd have to disagree with you OutThere. It's revolutionary because the game was written and directed by "the brothers" as well as has cut scenes that are live action with the real actors/actresses. So many elements went into the game, that it brings it out of the realm of third person shooter. But as all games go, it's not for every one. For one, you have to be somewhat familiar (if not straight up psychotic like myself) for the Matrix series. An the reason this game creates a new mold is because it's not just a bad rehashing of the movie. It's a complete side story that follows the plot from TWO other character's point of view. That, to me, adds another level of experience.

But like I said, it's not for all, but it is revolutionary.

8. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Maybe a Mac version could come on DVD? Well, most Macs that could play it has DVD-ROM/R's on them.

9. Raiwong macrumors member

I played it on my PS2 and I really like it. I doubt it will come out for macs though, just like most of the other PC Games.

10. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Well maybe because this is a high profile game it will be released, but I am doubtful.

11. BrittasMac macrumors member

Several Mac porting houses have expressed interest in bringing the game over. In all likelihood this game will get ported in the next year.

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hm... a little late wouldn't it be?

13. hui__lim macrumors regular

bought the matrix game on the xbox and it is good fun. However got stuck at one part and was hoping if anyone here could kindly help me out. It is the part where we have to shoot down the agent helicopter (not the SWAT (first) helicopter but the second helicopter which is an agent helicopter). You are basically stuck in a building with no exits and have to shoot it. Keep on dying and its getting extremely boring.
    thanks

14. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

This walkthrough helped me on that agent helicopter part. I take no credit for this as credit is given to:

Enter The Matrix FAQ/Walkthrough
    PS2, XB, GC, PC
    WRITTEN BY: IRISH (MATT SAJBAN)
    COPYRIGHT 2003 BY IRISH, MATT SAJBAN, DARK LEGACY NETWORK
    VERSION 1.0

Once the planes front tire is shot out the plane is rendered
    ineffective. Unfortunately for you that does not mean that Axel is out
    of the woods. As Ghost watches the plane through his sniper scope he
    sees an Agent step out of the plane. The Agent is not so happy that you
    have stopped his flight, and he transmits himself to another body to
    take you head on. Unluckily for you, you soon realize that the Agent
    has transferred himself to a body of a pilot in another SWAT
    Helicopter. Unlike the previously helicopter this one has a chain gun
    on the front. If you have the SG-552 from the previous SWAT encounter,
    then this fight should be a whole lot easier. If not, expect to duke it
    out for a while.

The helicopter will lower itself into your view right in front of you.
    Immediately hit the focus button and the strafe button. Start firing at
    the helicopter as you strafe to the pillars on either side of the
    control room. Shortly after the Agent will lift the helicopter out of
    sight and reposition himself somewhere else around the tower. Use the
    pillar as cover and wait for him to return to the position you first
    encountered him at. Again, use the focus and strafe buttons in
    conjunction to riddle the helicopter with bullets while avoiding the
    stream of gunfire that is coming your way. Shortly after the helicopter
    will go down, but not before the Agent tries to take you with it. Dive
    into the open hatch in the floor with Binary and escape the ensuing
    explosion from the crashed helicopter. Although you just took out an
    Agent, you receive the unhappy news that Axel is still captive and they
    have him on another airplane.

The rest of the walkthrough can be found here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/13714.html

15. hui__lim macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch buddy. At least now i can carry on with the game :)

16. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

You're welcome.

Yeah, I wanted to help because I got stuck there too. It's a bitch cuz that helicopter just rips a whole bunch of bullets at you.

And you were on the xbox. Thank God we dont have super long load times like PS2 and Gamecube....

17. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Gamecube loading times...? :confused:

I don't even get a loading screen on like, 20/21 of my games...

And if there is one, it takes like 2 seconds to load... now PS2 loading times, urg...10-12 seconds...

18. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

my bad. I just talked to a few guys at the local gaming shop that say the load times on the PS2 and GameCube were crazy long for the Enter the Matrix cut scenes. I've never experienced it first hand on a PS2 or a GameCube, but I know that they're not long at all on the xbox.

My bad for saying that. I wasn't dissin' on any of other the systems. I've got an xbox and a PS2. In fact, I'm probably going to buy a GameCube. Mainly Zelda.

No fanboy here. Just a lover of the video games.

19. hui__lim macrumors regular

Just for my info, is it possible to do cart wheels whilst shooting? The tips say its possible however ive had no success and was wondering if this was in actual fact possible.

20. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Yeah, they can do the one-handed cartwheel while shooting. You have to pull the Focus trigger, while you're armed and you have to be up against the wall while also leaning to a side. It's all in timing, so I recommend just playing around with it until you get combos you are comfortable with. I personally like the backwards falling away move that Ghost has.

21. pmac933 macrumors newbie

In order to do a cartwheel while shooting, you have to press focus, strafe (right or left), and jump at the same time while shooting.

I think that this is a good game, but it is kinda easy. I'd recommend buying it if you're a fan of the franchise. If not, then rent it. A five-day rental should be enough time to complete the game.

22. Chimaera macrumors regular

I found it fun for an hour or so, with all the bullettime stuff, but its *extremely* easy (most bad guys can be dispatched simply by taking their weapon off them and then hitting them with it).

Basically I got really bored of it very quickly - its reasonably good by the standard of movie tie-in games but it is in no way revolutionary, and by any other standard nor is it very good - graphically its pretty rough, story is ok, but hardly exciting and the combat is *really* repetitive - basically Max Payne with the Kung Fu mod is much more fun :)

As for whoever said it should come on DVD - that I agree with - these days all gaming-spec machines have the capability to read DVDs (PC OR Mac) and even 2-CD games should be a DVD, let alone a 4-CD one.

23. mueng macrumors member

I have this game for game cube. For the most part, it's really fun. However, the end is very very weak. The last 2 levels are just plain stupid and there isn't really an ending. (if you've beaten it, you know what I mean). The driving/shooting levels are also pretty bad.

If you want this game, I would reccommend renting it as someone already mentionedl. I beat it in like less than a week.

24. Xero macrumors 6502

im speaking for the PC version only when i say that this game feels EXTREMELY rushed. its fun for a while, but its really easy, the graphics are only ok for being really taxing on a decent machine, and the total gameplay time is really short, especially when you consider that the install is a whopping 3.something gb. even with the cut sequences, it shouldnt be that large. this game is fun, but it could have been LOADS better, i mean LOADS. also the driving levels are absolutely horrific! especially when your playing as ghost. honestly i dont think they implemented any AI whatsoever into her driving abilities. it feels like set waypoints, and if she wanders from those waypoints or hits anything head-on, get ready to reload the level [no pun intended].

i hope the console versions are better, but i somewhat doubt it.

25. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well i hope they fix some bugs if it gets ported to mac. i heard the game plays terrible on the pc port, if you buy it get it for console. im probably gonna get for xbox our of the 3 consoloes i have.

iJon