"Enterprise" Canceled

Discussion in 'Community' started by clayj, Feb 2, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Looks like we'll never find out about the temporal cold war.

3. brap macrumors 68000

I watched a few of the first series. Couldn't stomach it much after... it was a steaming pile of poo.

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I was enjoying it for a while. My wife will be very pleased, however.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Enterprise might have been OK if they had waited 10 years to bring it out... but the way they did it made it look like they were just trying to keep cash flowing in an overmarketed franchise.

If you wait long enough, you'd have the core audience aching to see it. But...

Way too much Star Trek over the last 15 years.

Plus the number of Gene's series that have been on lately is way too many.

It's starting too look like a Disney marketing campaign. :(

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The warning signs was when they moved it to Friday nights. Just like the old series. They should have had the Romulan vs Earth War that Spock talked about to boost ratings. I haven't enjoyed this series as much as the others but I tried to watch it anyways to give it a chance.

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I agree. The original Star Trek had stuff the others never got, miniskirts,french kisses and phasers on stun -down went the bad guys. :) those new shows were populated by a bunch of saints it would seem. Star Trek needs a long rest. guess that means we have a new reality show coming or another cop show :( :mad:

8. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

From The Critic:

Man interviewing to work alongside Gene Siskel: "Tim Allen gives that same likeable performance we always love. Once again proving Disney pictures have the magical touch that may not win awards but keep America smiling. How's that?"
    Gene Siskel: "You're Satan, aren't you?"
    (the man transforms into Satan and burns away, leaving a burn mark on the floor)

9. hob macrumors 68020

hob

:O The finale is 3 days after my birthday!!

I was just starting to like this show again. I thought it was going the right way at the beginning, a true prequel... kinda reminded my of First Contact... Then suddenly they seemed to run out of ideas. This new series was actually better... it's a shame, looked like they were going the right way again!!

Hob

10. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

They need to make it a reality show and start voting people off. Then the rating will come pouring in.

Or at least more teens in bikinis/party wear.

Or even sensitive terrorist doctors

America doesn't seem to be all into the morals that Star Trek likes teaching these days.

11. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    I'm surprised to hear it's even still around... Bad idea from the get-go. There's too much in the Star Trek universe that's already happened to make delving into pre-Federation times worthwhile. I mean please, the last time I looked at this tripe they were bringing in the Borg and the Ferengi - sure signs of desperation since first contact was made in people's minds (at least) on the Next Generation. It's too bad, Scott Bacula actually is pretty talented, but he'll never get a job again after this...

12. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

A bit unfortunate but not at all unsuspected.

At least Rick Berman stated that they had written the finale as to be a fitting ending to the series in case they were not back for a 5th season. Thought after what Berman and Braga pulled with "Cold Front" I am a little concerned asto what that may be.

As much as I hate to say it Star Trek needs a break, people need time away from it to fall back in love with it again. I'm sure someday it will be resurrected in some capacity, and I hope that next time it is done in a matter that is well received and not overbearing.

Oh and maybe put it on a decent channel...that never hurts. :rolleyes:

13. unfaded macrumors 6502

Ugh thank god. I thought Voyager sucked. Then they brought out Enterprise, and I spent the first episode laughing until I hurt.

The original was good cos it was the original. TNG was good at the time, although looking back... the episodes are fairly bland and everything gets explained with technical crap. DS9 is about the human condition, and without question has the best cast of actors (as they are incredibly recognized in the acting world), and I find that while it has somewhat of a step "learning curve" to get into the show, once you're in, it effects you the hardest.

But this is great news. Enterprise is a disgrace to the Star Trek empire, second only to most Trekkies and Paramount.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

YAY! :p

15. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

By all reports it has been getting better this season. I was so turned off initially that I can't verify. Still too bad, I like the thought of having Star Trek on TV. I'm a big fan in general, but I always thought the concept for Enterprise was way off. Lets hope they can regroup and make another effort (several years down the road).

16. Kevin Nelson macrumors newbie

WTF??

I have to say, I am not too shocked that they cancelled "Enterprise" as I concur wholeheartedly with every other post in this thread. I also maintain that it is a shame they are cancelling because they are FINALLY getting it so I look forward to the next week's show. The origins of all the things we took for granted in STTNG like replicator's and transporters have been kind of fun to watch emerge.
    I do like the cast and they are really starting to become more likeable and Jolene Blaylock (is that right?) is still a smokin' babe.
    I am not a huge Star Trek fanatic, though I always seem to catch the movies and watch the reruns except for DS9. DUM, DUM, DUM
    I do find that I compare everything to the established shows, and I think that is inevitable to anyone who watches, but as the other shows disappeared it starts to feel new and the temporal war series was a nice plot that wrapped up a little too quickly.
    Sorry to see it go.
    (P.S. I LIKED Voyager for the record - probably the only one that watched it)

17. brap macrumors 68000

Voyager had a special charm.

Wait, no. I mean Jeri Ryan had great tits.

18. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    voyager was okay, next gen was probably the one that many ppl my age saw :)

19. Toreador93 macrumors regular

Good riddence.

I tried to watch it, but the acting was horrible (I guess it has to be, if it's a prequel to TOS). Scott Bakula belongs back on Quantum Leap.

TNG is hands-down the best series, and Voyager would be next. I can't really place TOS because it was the first. It was great for what it was and when it came out. I don't like DS9 much because it's too much like a soap opera, but the acting is quite good. I think if Worf and O'Brien weren't there, the show would've done much worse.

I really hope the next Star Trek movie is TNG. I think they had the best cast, and the most diverse senarios. And I like the technical crap :)

Not to change the subject too much, but I really liked Sea Quest. Similar to Star Trek, only under water. Sad that it only lasted 3 seasons.

20. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

I think is sucks they are caneceling it this season. All the others where pretty bland and poor the first 2 seasons. 3rd season they start pulling it together and then the 4th is where is really kicks off and becomes good.

DS9 was my favorit so far and it was about the end of 3 and the begining of 4 when I really started to like it and it was good until the end

Voryger became quite a bit better during it 4th season. It just takes some time for the cast to get everythign together

Enterprise was really starting to get things together this season with some really good story lines and starting to show what hte beggings of the fedurtion was going to be like.

For the record I really like season 3. The first to seasons where really kind of bland but it was 3 that started pulling it together and then 4th to be good. I think it had at least anther season or 2 left in it.

21. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Unless I am mistaken, there are to be no more TNG movies. Nemesis was the last. Which is good IMO, as they were really reaching with the plotline.

I think what most people liked about TNG was that it didn't require constant attention, unlike DS9 and to a lesser extent Voyager. If you missed an episode of TNG one week, 90% of the time it was no big deal, unless it was one pat of two. With DS9, there were several underlying ongoing stories that made you pay attention for an hour a week if you wanted to understand what was happening. With Voyager it was more like "are we there yet?"

That aside, I think that Babylon 5 was the best sci-fi series out there in terms of continuity. Even the TV movies weren't too far off base

22. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

23. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I’m sorry to hear this because I liked this show. And I agree that it got a lot better during time. I think it was the same with DS9 as the first two seasons were quite boring, but in the end it was on of the best ST shows.

I hated Voyager.

24. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

You guys all probablly missed this season, but this seasons kicked ass. The plots were amazing. Its too bad those bastards at UPN are cancelling it :-/

25. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

the internet is a amazing thing you know , you can read up on the eps