Entourage 2004 & Exchange 2003

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EdmundMac, Oct 29, 2004.

1. EdmundMac macrumors newbie

I recently made the switch from PC to the new Power G5. It has been only three days and I'm loving it! The only issue I'm having so far is that Entourage will not stop "Updating" my folders from Exchange.

I have 300,000 or so emails in 90 or so folders, five of which have the most. So Entourage has been "Now Updating Leads" or whatever folder...

This makes it slow to recieve email, and makes the program generally slugish. I have read things that it takes a long time to syncronize but is 4 days right?

Is this a know problem in Entourage, it dealing with HUGE exchange accounts.

Please let me know your thoughts. And yes there is a reason I need all these emails, I know, it is crazy! I could create another account that stores them and log into that when need through Virtual PC and Outlook.

2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's your problem. Just downloading 1000 emails from a webmail server took 1/2 hour. 300k might take 150 hours at that pace, or a week. (granted, it was POP, not IMAP)

3. EdmundMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it download them, or indexing them??

I moved 30 G's of files in about 2 hours through our network.

So do you think once it is done in say a week, it will no longer be "Updating" all the time?