Entourage 2008 with Gmail - help with folders

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by badhorsie777, Feb 6, 2010.

1. macrumors member

See attached pic... why does my Gmail account in entourage have all the imap folders, and THEN another "gmail" folder within it that has the same stuff repeated? I'm just getting started using entourage 2008 and I'd love to fix this one thing.

Thanks!

-Matt

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

In Entourage, go to Account Settings, and double-click on your Gmail account. Click on the "Options" tab. In the "Root folder" text box, type in "[Gmail]" (without the quotes, but with the brackets). Entourage will think for a second, and then your folder list will get repainted the way you want it. :)

While you're in here, there's a few other prefs that you might want to update to make your Gmail experience better:
    * Select "Live sync (stay connected with server)" to get all mails immediately instead of having to sync every 10 minutes.
    * Under "Live sync", select "connect immediately on launch" to have Entourage automatically get all of your mail instead of waiting for you to click to your Gmail folders. (This is mostly useful if you've got other accounts in Entourage too.)
    * If you've got a lot of stuff in folders, consider selecting "only connect to inbox" under "live sync". This will improve performance.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. thread starter macrumors member

That's just CRAZY helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all that.

-Matt

4. macrumors 6502a

5. macrumors newbie

I can't find that "root" part in my options, Im having the same trouble as above. I have a box to name the account and I named it as you put above but it makes no changes as there are still a [GMail] folder within my GMail folder :(