Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badhorsie777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
See attached pic... why does my Gmail account in entourage have all the imap folders, and THEN another "gmail" folder within it that has the same stuff repeated? I'm just getting started using entourage 2008 and I'd love to fix this one thing.

Thanks!

-Matt

Attachments

• gmail_entourage2008.jpg
    gmail_entourage2008.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,161

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
In Entourage, go to Account Settings, and double-click on your Gmail account. Click on the "Options" tab. In the "Root folder" text box, type in "[Gmail]" (without the quotes, but with the brackets). Entourage will think for a second, and then your folder list will get repainted the way you want it. :)

While you're in here, there's a few other prefs that you might want to update to make your Gmail experience better:
* Select "Live sync (stay connected with server)" to get all mails immediately instead of having to sync every 10 minutes.
* Under "Live sync", select "connect immediately on launch" to have Entourage automatically get all of your mail instead of waiting for you to click to your Gmail folders. (This is mostly useful if you've got other accounts in Entourage too.)
* If you've got a lot of stuff in folders, consider selecting "only connect to inbox" under "live sync". This will improve performance.

Regards,
Nadyne.

badhorsie777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
That's just CRAZY helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all that.

-Matt

JaniceHobbs

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
I can't find that "root" part in my options, Im having the same trouble as above. I have a box to name the account and I named it as you put above but it makes no changes as there are still a [GMail] folder within my GMail folder :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.