Entourage and GMail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Atlasland, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Atlasland macrumors 6502

I'm trying to sync my GMail account with Entourage 2004. And I can get it to work, using POP settings. So that's good.

However, I have a slight problem.

I already have a Hotmail account and my University (IMAP) account synced to Entourage. And Entourage has created a separate folder for each.

However, when it comes to my new GMail account, it just seems to deliver messages to my general Inbox. By "general Inbox" I mean the Inbox subfolder of "Folders on My Computer".

However I want a separate folder, a la my Hotmail and University accounts...

[​IMG]

Any idea how to do this? Or can I not do this with a POP account?

(Yes, I've mentionned this on another thread, but it was all tucked away, so didn't get many responses)

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Weird, I'm in exactly the same situation. Just a different uni I guess... Anyway, I think you will just have to set up some separate folders within "folders on my computer", because POP-downloaded messages are not the same as the messages in the other accounts, which are dynamically updated. Just set up a rule to set all GMail messages to that folder. In my case, I just use the Inbox anyway, because GMail is the only POP account I have so doing any more sorting is a bit pointless.

3. Atlasland thread starter macrumors 6502

Not that weird - we're at the same Uni (I think). Or at least I was until I graduated a couple of months ago.

Anyway, what you wrote confirmed my suspicions about POP accounts and Entourage.

Thanks for the reply.