Entourage and Hotmail?! :_-(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beatledud, May 4, 2006.

1. beatledud macrumors 6502

May 4, 2006
    Ok, I've been trying to deal with this for so many months, doing searches and posts and have yet to resolve the issue. So I hope some of you may have suggestions.

I have a PC desktop and a Powerbook with Entourage 2004. I use outlook with my PC (I have several email accounts so outlook works well). I'd like to have a similar set up with Entourage. I set up my hotmail account, and it's all very user friendly in the process. I've been able to receive and send messages very well. However, Entourage appears to randomly download specific email messages off of my Hotmail server, making it annoying to check my email from multiple computers. This isn't suppose to happen, entourage is suppose to leave hotmail messages alone. So why isn't it downloading some of them?

Some key points:
    -My hotmail account is Free (not premium) but it's from a long time ago, so Microsoft doesn't require a payment to sync it with Outlook or Entourage.

-There is no option to check to "keep a message on the server" since with hotmail settings, it isn't suppose to to ever download.

Any suggestions?
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    What can I tell you? Entourage 2004 is a POS. Lots of users have lots of problems with this Outlook wannabe. As a user of this app for personal email, you are voluntarily abusing yourself. My suggestion is to find something else. It is guarranteed to work better than Entourage 2004. If you insist on Entourage, you should run Microsoft AutoUpdate to ensure that your Office installation is up to date. IIRC, the most recent update included improvements for Entourage 2004.
  3. beatledud thread starter macrumors 6502

May 4, 2006
    I'm about ready to transfer to Mail. I originally chose Entourage because I figured I could easily transfer my contacts from Outlook to Entouraage, but they have poor communication, and now I've lost all my contacts (which I thought I backed up in Outlook before I formated).

Anyone know the best way to create an address book that can be easily communicated and BACKED UP for use with Apple's Mail and PC's Outlook.