Entourage and Hotmail Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dpaanlka, Apr 3, 2007.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

My mom has a Hotmail account and she uses Entourage X to access it. As of yesterday it won't send any email, but it is still receiving email. No settings have been changed and she's been using this exactly setup for years so it's weird that it's starting to do this now suddenly.

The error she gets is "HTTP error service not found" or something like that. She described it to me this way on the phone.

EDIT: Mail could not be sent at this time because of an HTTP error 1412 - which googling says is because she is trying to send over 50 emails at once, or over 100 emails in a 24 hour period. But she is doing neither of those.

2. buffbree macrumors newbie

3. avocadolibrian macrumors newbie

4. buffbree macrumors newbie

If you have a Gmail account, open it in your browser, then click on Settings, (in upper right corner of Inbox), then click on Forwarding and Pop, select Enable POP, (then click on Configuration Instructions, or go to this link...)

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13383

This will show you how to set up Entourage with Gmail.

Also, make sure you go back and click Save Changes back on the Gmail settings page.

Good luck.

5. Norma Garcia macrumors newbie

hotmail sucks

Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing the same problems with both my hotmail accounts. A few days ago the only thing I get is an error message from entourage and outlook express, and also I can’t access my account………I only get a white page. (internet explorer 5)
    I didn’t change the settings nor installed new programs and there are no viruses in my computer.
    I guess hotmail must have changed something and now many Mac users are experiencing problems………that’s the only thing I can think of!

Best from Mexico,

Norma Garcia