Entourage and Mail-Where are the messages stored? What's the structure?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dontmatter, Jul 9, 2004.

1. dontmatter macrumors 6502a

Can anybody tell me where your emails are kept on your computer, not the server, for entourage and mail? I helped a guy backing up his computer, and made a copy of everything saying entourage in it (that's what he uses) for backup purposes.... but now opening entourage it looks like the first time, with a little email saying how to get stuff set up, and nothing more. I feel REALLY bad about this, but have no idea what to do. I've moved a folder that he has three copies of, in each of his three documents folders (one in his user, two in HD directly), in every combination I can think of, and nothing happens. I did that b/c all the stuff except for the application itself is there, and it's also the only folder with anything relevant that I touched, except the library, perhaps.

I'd like to switch him to mail, but.... I really want to know where both keep the actual message, or at least how. It's gotta be somewhere.

2. applefan macrumors regular

I think I can help

For Entourage go to:
    Home>Documents>Microsoft User Data>Office X Identities>Main Identity>Database

For Mail.App go to:
    Home>Library>Mail>Mailboxes

Good luck.