Entourage Attachment Help...a Cache question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by McGarvels, Feb 12, 2007.

1. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

Hi All,

So at work I had to open up several PDF attachments from Entourage for various antibodies that I ordered in order to print for a antibody log book. My question is, these attachments that I open, do they get stored in some cache or something that needs to be emptied every so often? This is a newbie question and sorry if the answer if quite obvious. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm pretty sure that you don't need to worry about it - they're stored in the email attachments, and any in-memory cache will be cleared when the RAM is needed for something else. Obviously, if you don't delete the email and empty deleted messages, the attachments will still "live" in your Inbox.

3. McGarvels thread starter macrumors 6502

McGarvels

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

jsw is right about the documents being 'stored' in your email as attachments. If you're concerned about saving files separately, save them under your normal documents folder or sub-folder.

There is a temporary folder where attachments are opened and saved. It's under:

User Name > Documents > Microsoft User Data > Saved Attachments

There's also an Entourage Temp folder there that stores some images that are opened in Entourage.

I can't honestly say all attachments that are opened in Entourage are saved there, but in my folder there are quite a few documents from my past. :eek: