Entourage help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stevp1, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Stevp1 macrumors regular

all, I've been using Entourage to access my .mac account for quite some time. All of a sudden, about 2-3 weeks ago, I was unable to send. I can recieve all mail into Entourage just fine, but no sending.

I get an error message: Mail could not be sent using the account .mac, error:-23016. I have found this error number on various sites, but with no resolution.

I have verified the username and p/w in the SMTP settings, I have tried SMTP server requires authentication both checked and unchecked, I have checked and unchecked the "Override default SMTP port" box, and I have even created a second account from scratch, but with the same result.

HELP!!!

2. jtsimler3 macrumors member

jtsimler3

I have been having the exact same problem, only with my school webmail and Roadrunner e-mail accounts. I receive just fine, but can't send a damn thing using either account.

I'm starting to think it's not a problem with my e-mail. If anyone has any ideas, please help. Thank you.

3. jtsimler3 macrumors member

jtsimler3

No has any ideas, or can at least point us in the right direction?

4. scan300 macrumors 6502

Try the Entourage help page. There's an entry for the error number you mentioned. It seems like you've already visited this page, but it's probably worth documenting what info is available.

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/page.html#error-23016

Possible fix -- Check your firewall settings, in your preferences to see if there is a block on port 25.

I also saw a post on an Entourage problem on Mac where a usere couldn't receive mail all of a sudden. It turns out to be a permissions problem.
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050419202258730#comments

Possible fix -- check permissions of your Entourage temp folder or repair permissions.

5. Stevp1 thread starter macrumors regular

I hadn't thought about permissions before, although I'm sure I've repaired them since this started, but it's worth another try.

I don't think it's the firewall, as I have a DMZ open to this machine. If I don't come up with something here, I'll try the ISP next.

Thanks. Keep the suggestions coming!