Entourage Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ripmax2000, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

Hi everyone, I if nayone can spare a couple of minutes, I need some help with Entourage.
    A friend of mine who I convinced to buy a Mac was trying to download a MS Word attachment in Entourage and the app crashed so he Foce Quit it. When he tried to open it again, it opened as if it had never been opened before, with none of his settings, folders or emails there.

Any idea what this could be? I've never had this problem so I don't know what it could be, I don't have a clue where to even begin looking.

Seeing as I'm the who convinced him to buy the Mac I'm going to get the blame if I can't get this working again :eek:

Any help is much appreciated - I am going to his house tomorrow and I don't even know what I'm going to be looking for :confused:

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

The email databases are located in /Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2004 Identities/. All settings are contained in one database file in /Main Identity. The first thing is to look around to see what identities are there. Entourage may have created a blank new main identity when it restarted, with any luck it won't have overwritten the old one. If you can find the old one there's a knowledge base article which describes how to rebuild the database.

Good luck