Entourage mail messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stoneage, Mar 5, 2006.

1. stoneage macrumors regular

stoneage

First, I have everything backed up. I gave my son my eMac when I bought a new iMac. I have his whole user folder on my desktop on the new iMac. I cleaned up the eMac and made new users for his small business. I have all the files and documents he needs, and he can sort them out as need be, but when he opened Entourage there was no mail. Do I have to drag the old iMac back to his place to migrate information, or can I somehow send his Microsoft user folder to him? I tried to open the mail messages on my new iMac and forward them, but I got nervous about losing something. There is a two week gap between the saved info and now. We just don't want to lose the last two weeks of messages. I contacted the ISP, but the messages aren't stored on the server. I would appreciate any help.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

POP3 accounts are not intended to save your messages on the server unless you select this option. Apple's Mail, however, does not delete messages from the server by default. Entourage erases messages from POP3 servers by default. Your Entourage message database lies in ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2004 Identities/.

3. stoneage thread starter macrumors regular

stoneage

I have created new users on the eMac. I have his old user folder on two machines. Can I just drag everything in the old user folder (named X) into the new machines user folder (named Y), or should I make a new user with the same name as the old? The reason this got complicated is because he has two Office folders, X and 2004, and I didn't want to goof up and lose the info. Should I do this manually in Target Disk Mode or can I safely use the Migration Assistant at this point? Sorry for being such a scaredy cat.