Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zirngast99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Hi,

I have a very funny issue, which I can't find a solution for :( .

Recently I made the big jump and bought myself a Powerbook Pro. As Mail Client I decided to use Entourage 2004.

I configured my mail acoounts and can send/receive mails. Though I'm using several identical accounts for the same mail-address, one for at home, another for school, a thid one for a friends place,... -- they only differ in the outgoing mail server.

If I specify the incoming mail server for each account I receive every mail 4 times - for each account a copy. If I leave the incoming mail server blank for all but one , I first get a notice that I only can send mails but can't receive mails on that particular account. The is quite fine with me, but when I hit send/receive, I get an error -17197, saying that I can't receive mails at all.

Does anybody have an idea how to circumvent this issue - it is a bit timetaking to delete every 4th mail.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks from Austria,

patrick

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I would ask you why are you bothering with that POS Entourage 2004, but I won't. At any rate, you can expect to receive four copies of each email if you check your account from four sets of accounts settings. Mail allows your to choose your SMTP server at send time, which will eliminate your "need" to establish four accounts on your computer--but I digress. In Entourage 2004, select Tools > Send & Receive > {the account that you want}.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Some of us find Entourage 2004 to serve our needs well, as well as the entire MS Office 2004 package!

I can understand why you are using the settings you are. And, I think I understand your settings. One solution would be to make sure the emails aren't left on the server once it is hit for your emails. Then they wouldn't be duplicated when the account is checked again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.