Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omeletpants

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
I recently switched from a year old G5 to a new Intel based G5. I have been running a legally purchased copy of Office For Mac and installed it on the new computer. When I try to open Entourage to set it up I get the following message: "This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage". Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

iSaint

macrumors 603
I recently switched from a year old G5 to a new Intel based G5. I have been running a legally purchased copy of Office For Mac and installed it on the new computer. When I try to open Entourage to set it up I get the following message: "This identity cannot be opened with this version of Entourage". Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

I wonder if you need to run an update to see what fixes make it work on the Intel machine? Did you use Migration Assistant to make the move?

omeletpants

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
I wonder if you need to run an update to see what fixes make it work on the Intel machine? Did you use Migration Assistant to make the move?

Called Microsoft and the trial version of Office for Mac is what is causing the problem. Removed all existing Office files and re-installed and it's fixed. Thanks to everyone.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Called Microsoft and the trial version of Office for Mac is what is causing the problem. Removed all existing Office files and re-installed and it's fixed. Thanks to everyone.

This also happens if you try to use an identity from the most up-to-date version with one of the slightly older versions of Entourage 2004. I think when they went to update 11.2 it happened. I tried to copy the identity to a computer with a non-updated version, and got this message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.