Entourage PST Import Tool

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by abhijit_dixit, Mar 30, 2005.

1. abhijit_dixit macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried the new PST import tool in Microsoft Entourage ? The website doesn't give more info other than saying "help is provided in the tool after you've installed it".

I'm hesitant to try the tool without hearing about some experiences first. I've already had a bad episode of my Entourage not synching properly with our company's Exchange server and deleting some of my email.

Does the tool simply import all the messages to your Inbox ? Or does it create a "Achived Items" folder like MS Outlook does ?

2. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

I've used it a few times for some clients. Worked great except on one persons archive. Just wouldn't work, said the archive was corrupt. I ended up putting the archive up from outlook to the exchange server, and then pulling it down in entourage. Which you can do if you have the room.
    At any rate, the tool lets you select the file, so you can use a backup file instead of the one in your outlook folder, just copy and paste it somewhere. Good luck
    Nick