entourage question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bensont1, Aug 30, 2006.

1. bensont1 macrumors newbie

Aug 30, 2006
    so i rely on entourage with my college email and have to check it every minute, literally... that part is no problem. the thing is, i also have my mac to go to sleep at a certain time, but when ever it tries to shut down, entourage will cancel the shutdown. so i am trying to find out how i can make it where it wont bring up the prompt and just shut down and do it's thing. i appriciate all the help.
  2. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Not a big fan of Entourage, especially when Mac mail is free and pre-installed.

But as for your questions. Is there a reason you have to check every minute as opposed to say every 5 min? I find it hard to believe that any email could be that reliant on 4 min of time difference.

I suspect that with checking every minute it essentially never stops checking and so is always active, hence canceling the shutdown.
  3. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Set your preferences to check every 10 minutes, or longer.

Tools>Run Schedules>Edit Schedules
  4. mfriel536 macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2006
    I need to stop entourage

I have a new apple notebook
    I went into entourage to set up an addressbook
    now all of my comcast.net mail goes right to
    it I am on a PC at work, I can not retrieve my emails
    how can I stop entourage and how my mail return to comcast web\page:mad:
  5. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Your Comcast email account uses POP3. You want IMAP. What you are trying to do won't work.
  6. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    No - Entourage handles POP3 just fine - go into the settings and tell it to keep email on the server (optionally setting it to delete after a certain number of days). Then you can access it - until it's deleted - from any system capable of getting to the server.

Attached Files:

7. mfriel536 macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2006
    entourage mail problems

Thank you for the directions and thumbnail map
    I really needed the thumbnail for directions
    Hope this works