Entourage Sent Items starts display of items down the list rather than from the top

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lewiserskine, Jun 24, 2005.

1. lewiserskine macrumors newbie

Hi,

No response in microsoft new groups so thought I would try here. Pointers to other support forums appreciated.

In Entourage 2004, the Sent Items window displays its list of messages as though I had scrolled several items down the list. I have it set to arrange Sent Items by"Sent". So, though today is the 24th, an item sent on the 20th might be the first at the top of the window . Bear in mind though. The item sent on teh 20th is not at the top of the list. Instead, it looks the same as if I opened Sent Items and then scrolled down the list.

This problem started when I upgraded to Office 2004 from previous version, including Entourage. Any suggestions appreciated. I've tried rebuilding the database and trashing the Prefernces file.

Lewis

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I don't know if I'm entirely understanding what you're trying to do...is it sorting in the wrong direction? (newest first vs. oldest first) Do you want it the other way around? Right above your sent items and next to the "arrange by: sent" is the "newest on top" button...click that.

Again, I don't quite understand what you're asking...could you clarify?

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Here's my Sent box settings:

Arrange by: Sent Newest on Top

Are you saying there is a message selected that is far down the list, and it shows up in your view box? Select the one at the top and see if it's the most recent. Then go back to your Inbox, then back to Sent and see what's selected.

4. lewiserskine thread starter macrumors newbie

First visible message is pretty far down list

Sorry about the confusion (for tobefirst as well). I think iSaint sorted out what I mean. I've attached a screen shot with the To and Subject fields blacked out for privacy. Note that no message is selected. If I scroll up the list and select the message at the top, then switch to In box and then back to Sent, the item at the top is selected. It remains that way I think until I restart Entourage, I think.

BTW, I'm now subscribed to this thread (didn't see the option before) and so will respond promptly.

Attached Files:

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I believe that's what your going to get the way you have it set now. There are a number of variables you can set per box by selecting on the Arrange By: tab and the tab to the right of it over the messages.

6. lewiserskine thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I'll experiment with the Arrange options, though I think i have set those options to same as yours but still have the problem.