Entourage & Sympatico HELP!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StefieSupreme, Sep 18, 2004.

1. StefieSupreme macrumors newbie

StefieSupreme

Is anyone on here using Entourage with Bell Sympatico? I am able to download my mail from the incoming server but am having a really hard time connecting to the SMTP server. I called Sympatico support and they told me they don't support Entourage :rolleyes: God I miss Rogers...

I am getting the following the error message:

The SMTP server for "Sympatico" does not recognize any of the authentication methods supported by Entourage. To send mail, try disabling SMTP authentication in the account settings or talk to your administrator.

I've tried pretty much every single combination in the SMTP options and nothing seems to work. When I disable SMTP authentication I get the following message:

A message in your Outbox could not be sent using account "Sympatico." The server did not recognize the recipients or the server refuses to allow you to send mail.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could it have anything to do with the fact that I'm connected through a wireless router?

:confused:

2. winwintoo macrumors 6502

Are you by any chance sending to a group? Is it possible that one or more of the addresses you're sending to is no longer a valid address?

I've found that when sending to a group, if there happens to be an invalid address on the same server that I'm on, the whole group is rejected.

Just a thought M

3. StefieSupreme thread starter macrumors newbie

StefieSupreme

Nope. Not a group and I'm positive that the adddress and password are correct.

4. winwintoo macrumors 6502

That's the address you're sending to....

Can you send to other addresses? Are there some addresses that you can send to?? Are the addresses that you can't send to AOL by any chance??

Can you make up a fake smtp server an remove authentication?

I know I'm not being much help, but I went through this for a while and it seemed to heal itself and I don't know if it was something I did.

We have trouble sending to AOL - messages keep getting bounced.

M