entourage users?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by JQMonkey, Jan 18, 2003.

1. JQMonkey macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2003
    When ever the iBook falls asleep and I try to send and receive in Entourage it says "Dialing...." in the status bar. So I have to open a browser and that somehow convinces Entourage that I am not using dialup and then will send and receive with no problem.

Does this happen to any one else? Anyone have any ideas on fixing it?
  2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok a few questions, how are you connecting, if via airport i think i know what the issue is. I use my ibook almost always via airport and i've ntoiced what your saying. When the ibook awakes from sleep it takes like 10-30 seconds to startup the airport system and connect to your homenetwork. Now if your entoruage is set to s/r as sson as you wake it the conection is not up yet. If you just click, s/r, the same issue occurs. The reason it seems like your using a browser to convince entoruage is that by the time your browser is up you've give nthe ibook enough time to connect to the netowrk and hence it is now online. Your best bet is to wait those 0-30 seconds and it won't say dialing because it will recognize the airport. if your using a wired network id assume its similar with less of a wait. Kwigebo