Entourage X problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Le Big Mac, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I just got my new iMac :D and bought Office X. Entourage does two things oddly:

1) When I reply to a message, it starts my reply below , not above the message I'm replying to.

2) When I delete a message it goes to the previous message (I have the newest messages at teh top, so it goes to a newer message, rather than going down the list).

Neither of these things happened in outlook express 5.0.5, which I had been running.

Is this the way things are, or are there simple fixes?:confused:

Thanks for the help!

2. unc32 macrumors regular

This is a simple fix, it is the default of Entouarge. Go to Mail and News Preferences under File to make changes. You can also address where messages are sent by editing the email account

3. Le Big Mac thread starter macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I've done that. I went to preferences and chose "when delete open next message" or whatever it is. And chose when replying include text of original message, or whatever that choice is.

But there doesn't seem to be a choice for include text below/above response.

And there doesn't seem to be a choice for defining "next" message as teh one next on the list in the order I have them.

4. unc32 macrumors regular

Mail and News Preferences

Under the read panel the first option is "after deleting or filing an open messge....there are 2 options. Close the window or open the next message.

Under Reply and Forward chech the box that says place insertion point before quoted text.

Plus, try changing the order of your messages (top to bottom or vice versa)