Epic Asian Fantasy Film

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JesseJames, Jan 3, 2004.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2003
    How'd I get here? How can I leave?
  2. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    Strange. I rented this movie a few weeks ago from the shelves of video store.

I think this is because in Canada, foreign movies are often released as they are with subtitles.

The movie was pure genious by the way. I really loved the way it was filmed. Beautifull scenery. Someone could make a gorgeous screensaver by taking scenes out of it. I liked it better than Crouching Tiger.
  3. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    CT,HD, was based off a fantasy comic, and people don't seem to realize that fantasy characters can jump that far/high... I had such a fustrating time trying to explain that to non-asian people.

I tried to watch Hero a few times a while ago, and honestly i fell asleep each time. Even though i didn't need the distraction of having to read the subtitles or anything... I couldn't get into the plot, even though the cinematics, costume were wonderful.

i'd recommend "The Emperor and the Assassin" as well.. it's slower, but has much more depth. IMO, but then again, i loved Battle Royale, and Audition even more than the three listed above.
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I enjoyed the trailer, thank you for the link. This is definitely a movie that scem0 will enjoy. I will keep my out for this file at my local Costco.
  5. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

Mar 27, 2003
    I saw this movie at school a few months ago in my Mandarin class. It's a great movie balanced with both action and storyline.