epson 2450 scanner drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jelloshotsrule, Jun 17, 2002.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i am trying to get my epson 2450 scanner to work in os x and i'm wondering what i need. apparently the drivers should be built in to os x (10.1.5) but i'm wondering what app one would actually use to acquire the images...? is there a ps plugin to import in ps 7?

i think alphatech had mentioned having this scanner so, alpha, if that's right... any help would be great.

thanks in advance.

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

This is what you do. You go to Photoshop, go to the File Menu... go to Import, and go to Epson Twain or whatever Epson something.

Yep that should open up the scanning software, and it will import the scanned picture directly into Photoshop for you to start meddeling around with.

Sorry about my bad grammer... I'm feeling lazy tonight... :p

irmongoose

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Go here and download the software. You will have to use the USB connection for now, until they get the firewire drivers ironed out. I know, pissed me off too. Don't go into classic to scan, you need to either use the software from that site inside OS X, or boot into OS 9 and use PhotoShop.

I just hope that they get the OS X native stuff finished soon, so that I can scan via FireWire. I so hate using USB for a scanner.

4. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

thanks alpha, that's what i was looking for

however, usb was NOT what i was looking to hear. oh man that blows...

well i guess either go for speed via firewire in 9 or suck it up and wait for usb in x...

thanks again.

5. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

okay looks like I was totally of course here... sorry I guess I should mind I own business...

irmongoose

6. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

nah, always worth trying to help. you just happened to not know that i know enough about scanners to know about the ps import options :D

i just needed something specifically for os x for my scanner.

don't ever not say something which could be helpful just because you're not sure if it will.... just do it to it!

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

update

All right ya twits... :eek: :D Epson has released new software that runs under OS X, allows you to scan via the FireWire port, AND has released a photoshop plug-in. I used both last night with my TiBook and the 2450 scanner. The PS7 plug-in allows you to crop the image before scanning where the stand alone app doesn't.

You can find both items here as well as here.

8. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

9. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

No problem...

cough*drunk ********cough :D