Epson C80WN and Mac OS X

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacUser1, Aug 11, 2002.

1. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

It's been over a year and Canon still has not released Mac OS X drivers for my BJC-6000 and I am tired of having to boot in to OS 9 just to print. I have the Canon S600 on my one computer, but I was thinking about purchasing the Epson C80WN for my other computer. I know that some users on these forums use the Epson C80 and I would like to hear their experiences with it. Also, should I wait to get a printer from HP, Lexmark or Epson that have Rendezvous incorporated in it?

2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

whenever i am at my Dad's house I use the C80 i bought him on my Mac in OS X. It works flawlessly since I installed the drivers. I also would like to wait and get a printer with Rendezvous support, but I don't think its going to come in the form we all would like. It's not going to be supported in driver software I fear. I think they are just going to put it into the firmware for the network printers that cost $1000's. I'd like to be proven wrong, but network technology and printers prove an expensive mix.

3. MacUser1 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacUser1

Rendezvous

Yeah, I'd really like to wait for Rendezvous technology, but I'm so desperate, I might just go spend $400 now and be over with it.