Epson C86 Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by EJBasile, May 1, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Hello Everyone

I'm trying to hook up an Epson C86 printer with my PowerBook (running 10.3) and its not working. I've installed the driver from the CD and went into the printer setup utility to add a printer but the utility says there is no driver for the printer. I also tried installing the driver from Epsons website but the same thing happened. I can print pages from the Epson Utility though (such as printer head alignment, etc).

Whats going on here. My friend has an iMac G5 and it came with the epson and she has the same problem.

2. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Ohh i figured it out. The printer setup thing has to be on "Epson USB" not just USB

3. slidingjon macrumors member

Epson CX4600

Since I installed Tiger the other day, I haven't been able to print with the Epson CX4600. I checked apple's driver download page and epson's page and neither of them has updated drivers yet. anyone have any ideas?

4. jakerock macrumors newbie

C86 Printer Utility

Hi:

I am using a Epson C86 and I can't get the utility program to load. I click on the "utility" button when I am in the printer driver and all I get is a blank window with a "cancel" button and a "OK" button that is grayed out.

I first noticed the problem after I had installed all generic inks and I needed to clean the cartridges.

I have tried reinstalling the driver and still can't get the utility to load.

Thanks

Bruce

5. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I get similar problem with my printer (epson C43UX; aren't epsons great? :rolleyes: ) where the utulity doesn't work ever since I connected it to a airport base station to access it wirelessly. How is yours connected?

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

my bro and i got one becuz it was free(100 off with a new mac) if i had paid for it i would have had a fit, but it was free so i can't be mad

7. jakerock macrumors newbie

C86 Printing Utility

Hi:

Here is how I got the printer utility to work.

[/INDENT]1st: I went to the Mac hard drive, then the library, and then the printer folder, then the epson files and put them in the trash.
    [/INDENT]2nd: Then I went to the "receipts" folder in the Library folder and threw away anything that was a "epson" file.
    [/INDENT]3rd: I downloaded the latest driver from Epson's web site and reinstalled it.
    [/INDENT]4th: I unplugged the printer from my USB hub and plugged it directly into the Macintosh. After I had done that the printer utility worked.

BTW: Pictures printed with generic inks are not expectable. The prints have not detail (grassy areas are just green, no detail).

8. jakerock macrumors newbie

Connection

When I was having problems, I was connected through a USB hub. When I connected directly to my Mac and reinstalled the driver then the utility program worked.